Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to pay for Premium with iTunes gift card

Solved!

How to pay for Premium with iTunes gift card

I've been a Spotify Premium customer for a few months now, and I've always done my payments through a PayPal account. However, I have a few extra iTunes gift cards laying around that I can use as App store credit on my iPhone. Is there any way I could pay for 2 or 3 months of Premium ahead of time using up that App store credit? I'm also aware paying through the app store is 13$ or so because of Apple's fees, but I still have nearly 50$ of iTunes gift cards that would otherwise be going to waste. Thanks ahead of time for any replies!

184 Replies

So after the free trial, were you able to use your itunes card? I am asking because I want to do the same thing. And I was wondering if it did work

When I go to settings>iTunes and App Store> click on Apple ID> view Apple ID, I do not see a subscriptions tab

Right now subscriptions cannot be purchased through the iOS app (via iTunes)

In the past during Spotify's introduction offer, users would accidentally subscribe through the app instead of the website causing a lot of confusion. This decision was made to make the offer go more smoothly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

You can still subscribe to premium via http://spotify.com/premium

But I only have an iTunes card. And in the app it says premium cant be purchased in the app

Hi, in my case i am using (after premium plan has been added to my account) a gift card with 6 months premium, but i am getting ALWAYS the message asking to update payment info to keep my premium ... what the **bleep**??

What should i do, i don't want yet to change my payment method and i want to keep my premium privileges i was redeeming for!!

Please fix.

Suggested posts