How to pay for spotify yearly

Plan

Premium, one person.

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9/Windows Desktop 

My Issue

For the last few years, I would pay for my spotify yearly. At first, someone gifted a year of spotify to me on christmas, so for the last few christmases I've been able to quickly pay for another year of spotify.

Previously it was easy to find when viewing my subscription, but this year when I went to pay for a year of premium, I couldnt find anywhere on the website to pay for only a year. I was signed in, in a mobile browser, viewing my account. I switched to desktop view, but it didnt show the option there. 

So I searched the spotify community to find a solution and all solutions on here lead to 404 errors. 

So where/how do I pay for only a year? Can I pay for it like I used to (directly through my accounts subscription page) or do I have to buy a "year of premium" gift card? I hope I dont have to buy a gift card as that is a waste of my time and plastic. If I have to buy a gift card, where can I buy a digital one? I'd prefer to buy one directly from spotify instead of walmart or amazon. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi again @HugeNerd69

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

You can add two gift cards of 6 months to complete the year you want to pay for. You can also see the amount of months that the gift card is valid for on the physical gift cards. 

On another note, we understand why yearly payment would be important so we will pass your feedback to the team in charge. 

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us again 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @HugeNerd69

Welcome to the Community!

We're afraid the yearly payment is no longer available at your location.

However, you can get a monthly recurring Premium subscription here which you can pay with a payment method that meets these requirements. 

If you prefer, you can use gift cards that you can find at the main stores. 

If you have any questions, just let us know!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Well I've looked into the gift card option and there seems to be 0 places online I can buy a year of Canadian spotify.

There is only options like $30 or $60, and they dont tell you how many months of spotify that pays for. I'm willing to buy 2 $60 ones if :
1. That actually adds up to a year and 2. I can apply both of them to my account and have it add up to a year.

If I did do that then I'd be paying $120 instead of the $99 dollars that the yearly gift cards are priced at.

Overall, this entire situation is highly annoying and I hope spotify smartens up and let's people pay for a year at a time again.
Marked as solution

Hi again @HugeNerd69

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

You can add two gift cards of 6 months to complete the year you want to pay for. You can also see the amount of months that the gift card is valid for on the physical gift cards. 

On another note, we understand why yearly payment would be important so we will pass your feedback to the team in charge. 

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us again 🙂

EniModerator

Is there any way to pay on a yearly basis for Premium users or Family Plans?

It's very tedious to have to download your "invoices" (so to name it...) every month and lend it to our accountants box for processing.

Hi @xcarreras!

The option to pay annually for Spotify is limited to certain countries, so if the plans don't show up on our current offers page, they aren't available in your region at this time.

Take care.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Please give us the option for a Spotify Annual Payment

1. Spotify Annual Payment
  • Spotify Annual Payment

Spotify Annual Payment 

So the only solution is to pay more for committing to the service.  That’s not a solution, it’s a slap in the face in the form of a price gouge.  

Suggested posts