How to switch from Premium Family to Duo

Solved!

How to switch from Premium Family to Duo

Plan

Premium

Country

Chile

My Question or Issue

Hi! I just signed up to a Premium Family account and I realized Duo is a better option for me and my partner. How do I switch? Should I wait until next month or I can do it right away? Will I be charged twice?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @VVD, help's here!

I understand. To set up an account, head to the Premium Duo page, enter and confirm your home address and then invite the other member by sending them the link given to you.

To join a plan, the owner (you) just needs to send the link and confirm that you live at the same address. Once you’ve confirmed your address you can start listening together with your own personal accounts.

You should be able to switch right away, and you won't be charged twice. Although, your billing date will be brought forward due to the price changes.  

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @VVD.

Great question. Spotify would be able to issue you a refund only if it falls under their Refund Policy. Info is provided here. Your billing date will be brought forward, but you won't be losing any money or anything like that.

Hope that clarifies things!

Billy-JSpotify Star

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @VVD, help's here!

I understand. To set up an account, head to the Premium Duo page, enter and confirm your home address and then invite the other member by sending them the link given to you.

To join a plan, the owner (you) just needs to send the link and confirm that you live at the same address. Once you’ve confirmed your address you can start listening together with your own personal accounts.

You should be able to switch right away, and you won't be charged twice. Although, your billing date will be brought forward due to the price changes.  

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks so much Billy-J! 

One more question. If I change now (my Family premium subscription began less than a week) will I get a refund of the price difference between Family and the Duo plan? The latter is cheaper.  

Thanks for your help.

Marked as solution

Hey @VVD.

Great question. Spotify would be able to issue you a refund only if it falls under their Refund Policy. Info is provided here. Your billing date will be brought forward, but you won't be losing any money or anything like that.

Hope that clarifies things!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks so much for your helpful answers to my questions Billy-J!

Further to this question, my wife and I have been on Premium family for some time (years). We never added anyone else to it. We'd like to switch to Duo. That seems pretty simple but the FAQs say that when I switch, the other family members are immediately cancelled. When I then invite my wife to Duo, will her playlists/liked songs/downloads still be there or will she have to rebuild all that information again, which for 1000s of songs would be a royal pain in the ..... What happens to all that data between being cancelled from Family and accepting the invitation on Duo? 

To Spotify, wouldn't it be pretty simple that for Family accounts with only 2 members, you could automatically switch it to Duo without cancellation or any address verification because we already did it for the Family plan? Plus, I'm not impressed that you have let me continue with the Family plan with only 2 accounts for ages without ever telling me that there was a better option. I have effectively been giving you £3 a month for nothing for a very long time.

Hi there @JJinDevon,

Thank you for your reply and feedback in this thread.

We can confirm that the playlists will remain. However you'll have to redownload them once you're having the Premium feature again.

We always strive to approve. Rest assured assured that we want all of our users to feel that they always have the best experience with Spotify.

We hope that the information above cleared some things up. Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts