Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hulu Deactivation

Solved!

Hulu Deactivation

I currently have the student plan with Hulu.  I want to deactivate my Hulu through Spotify so that I can subscribe to Hulu Live TV but I can't find where to do so.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Per spotify support,

You now have to cancel your student account completely, and re-sign up, and not activate Hulu...and on top of that...you have to wait for your account to 'revert' to free,  in my case, that's 10 days from now.

View solution in original post

spotify.png
Marked as solution

FWIW - I had this issue as well and hadn't found this solution until after I contacted Spotify support through their chat.  They were able to update my account to free immediately so I didn't have to wait for the already paid period to expire and then you resign up.  I'm not sure if you'd be credited if you actually wanted to keep the premium so you wouldn't have to pay again, but since I'd already decided to give it up, that wasn't an issue for me.  Just figured I'd provide this alternative in case folks are impatient like me.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey @rmurton, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The Spotify Premium for Students + Hulu bundle only gives you access to Huluโ€™s ad-supported plan.

If you wish to subscribe to Hulu (No Ads) or a Live TV plan along with add-ons, you can sign up directly through Hulu following these steps:

1. Log in to your Spotify Premium for Students account
  2. Go to your account page and under Account overview select Deactivate Hulu
  3. Renew your Hulu subscription directly through us and choose the plan and add-ons you want. Make sure to use the same email address associated with your bundle account - this way youโ€™ll keep your profiles and watch history.
  4. By deactivating Hulu through Spotify and resubscribing directly through Hulu, you will no longer be billed for your Hulu subscription through Spotify. You will be billed for your Hulu subscription directly by Hulu every month.

I hope this helps! I'll be right here if you have any more questions or need some more help ๐Ÿ™‚

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah I saw those instructions, but I don't see that option under account overview

spotify.PNG

Hey @rmurton,

Head over to Your Services in the left sidebar and then follow @Billy-J's instructions to deactivate it.

Keep me posted ๐Ÿ™‚

There's nothing there either.  I've removed Hulu from the apps section but that didn't seem to do anything.

Hey @rmurton,

Could you check your subscription status in Hulu?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, it shows that it's under Spotify

Hey @rmurton,

Could you try cancelling your current subscription in Spotify?

That way your Hulu subscription will also be canceled.

Let me know how that goes ๐Ÿ™‚

You guys are not listening to the OP.  THere is currently no way to deactivate Hulu from the spotify website when you are on a spotify student plan.  Spotify tells you to go to Hulu, who tell you to follow the original answering posts instructions, which are WRONG.  There are no 'cancel' or deactivate buttons on the spotify website at this time. 

I am running into the same issue.  I've seen other posts that say you have to directly chat with a spotify rep now. 

Marked as solution

Per spotify support,

You now have to cancel your student account completely, and re-sign up, and not activate Hulu...and on top of that...you have to wait for your account to 'revert' to free,  in my case, that's 10 days from now.

spotify.png

Thanks for the replies, I think cancelling and reactivating the student discount is the only way without calling.  In the end I just decided to open the Hulu Live under a different email since the cost would be the same.

Marked as solution

FWIW - I had this issue as well and hadn't found this solution until after I contacted Spotify support through their chat.  They were able to update my account to free immediately so I didn't have to wait for the already paid period to expire and then you resign up.  I'm not sure if you'd be credited if you actually wanted to keep the premium so you wouldn't have to pay again, but since I'd already decided to give it up, that wasn't an issue for me.  Just figured I'd provide this alternative in case folks are impatient like me.

Oh, sick. It sounds like some Comcast business practices.

Hi, I don't have the student plan but still have access to Hulu. I want to deactivate my Hulu through Spotify so I can sign up for Hulu live TV. How do I go about this because there is no deactivate option when I go to "your services"

My family got Hulu with Disney plus and I use that more than my own Hulu. I was going to cancel my Hulu account but canโ€™t find out how due to setting it up through Spotify. Am I being charged for Hulu through Spotify? And is there a way to cancel Hulu?

Suggested posts