Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hulu can't authorize my account

Solved!

Hulu can't authorize my account

I am a student and am trying to sign up for the Hulu + Student Spotify subscription. I have been a student subscriber for a long time now, but when I try to activate my new Hulu account I get this error, "We’re having trouble authorizing your account with Spotify. Please contact Spotify support to help resolve this issue."

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I talked to Hulu support and they said that it's on Spotify's end and that they can't help. Thus, I talked to Spotify via their support Twitter (@spotifycares) and after a little back and forth with them & technical team troubleshooting for a few hours they were able to "fix" it.

The solution they came up with was to have support cancel and refund the student premium account reverting it back to a free account, wait an hour, then re-sign up for student premium, then reconnect Hulu.

It was clunky but it worked.

View solution in original post

62 Replies

Same issue - would love to hear an answer as well.

Also had this issue and Hulu said it couldn't help, that Spotify had to do it!

I had the same issue as well. I wish there was a contact number so this issue could be resolved quicker!

I have the same issue, can i et some help please!!!

Thank you!

same boat...

Same here, I've tried logging into Hulu and resetting the emails to both accounts, making sure everything is updated- and nada.

Same issue. Spent an hour on support and they couldn't figure it out. 

same issue :'(

I as well am having this problem. hope the issue becomes fixed soon..

Same here it is very frustrating

There are clearly quite a few people that are having this problem, and would appreciate if Spotify would communicate with us since there is no phone number for us to call.

Same issue here

Same here and would like some help

Same here

i have found a way to get through to Hulu Customer Service Chat and techs are currently trying to fix the problem. i hope this helps everyone. 

Same but then I tried again and now there's just a message that says "this field is required" which makes no sense.

So I was talking with support for over an hour trying to get them to authorize my account for hulu and they literally could not do it. Don't sign up for this. It was a huge waste of my time. I even have the transcript of the text if any of you want to see it.

It took a little over an hour on the phone but I finally got it to work. You have to create a hulu account with your student email, THEN use the Go to Hulu button. At least that's what worked for me. Kinda ridiculous that it took an hour to get that resolved, but if you create a hulu account with your student email it should work. Hope this helped!

I did this and it worked at first (getting me past the pop up window saying it cannot authorize my account) and then it gave me the option to switch my subscription option to Hulu + Spotify, but when I pressed Switch it took me back to Spotify and then gave me the same message about not being able to authorize the account again...very frustrating

Suggested posts