Hulu cancelled after payment details updated 01/04/2020

Solved!

Hulu cancelled after payment details updated 01/04/2020

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

I was notified by Spotify yesterday (01/03/2020) that my payment was unable to be processed. My billing date is the 3rd of the month. My bank account had been over drafted due to a billing mistake by my insurance company, so that's why my card was unable to be charged. Spotify asked me to update my payment info. I updated the info today - which was just retyping in the exact same card info that had been on file - and now I do not have my Hulu subscription anymore. As I mentioned already, the card is the exact same one I had been using. I already can't access Hulu. Obviously this issue has not been fixed for everyone 😞

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This issue has been sorted out since I contacted Spotify Customer Service. They provided me with a link and code to reactivate Hulu on my account. I suggest anyone with this issue contact customer service as well! ✌️

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @krissu_666,

Glad to hear that the Customer Support team were able to help you out here.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, make sure to also reach out to our Customer Support team here.

Take care!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @krissu_666, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this, and you're not the only one with this issue.

Unfortunately, since the Premium + Hulu bundle is over, there isn't a way to get Hulu added back to your account.

If you're a college student, you can sign up for Premium Student and get access to Hulu and SHOWTIME. More details here.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply, but I posted this topic according to Peter's comments in this older thread

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Subscriptions/Premium-with-Hulu-not-working/td-p/4729290

where he specifically says this should be fixed for everyone and if it's not, to post a new thread topic.

Apparently this issue should be resolved and I should be able to get my Hulu subscription back.

Hey there @krissu_666,

Thanks for starting a new thread regarding @Peter's reply. 

Can you please try lining your accounts on https://signup.hulu.com/spotify? Let us know if you get an error message and send us a screenshot if so.

Keep us posted, thanks!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This is the error message I got. My Spotify receipts instantly went from "Spotify Premium with Hulu" to "Spotify Premium" when I 'updated' (card didn't change) my card number.

hulu error message.png

Hey, I am having this same problem too! I updated my payment details, and now the link between my spotify and hulu seems to be broken. 

Help!

@Billy-J wrote:

Unfortunately, since the Premium + Hulu bundle is over, there isn't a way to get Hulu added back to your account.

Wrong answer, Dude!

Peter said this issue is fixed for everybody! Here's the link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Subscription-Hulu-cancelled-after-payment-details-up...

Keep an eye on community.spotify.com to make sure you are aware of all the latest developments!

Marked as solution

This issue has been sorted out since I contacted Spotify Customer Service. They provided me with a link and code to reactivate Hulu on my account. I suggest anyone with this issue contact customer service as well! ✌️

Marked as solution

Hey @krissu_666,

Glad to hear that the Customer Support team were able to help you out here.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, make sure to also reach out to our Customer Support team here.

Take care!

Suggested posts