Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hulu not working with student premium

Hulu not working with student premium

I have Spotify premium through the student discount and my Hulu is not working. When I click the “start watching” on Hulu under active services, it takes me to the Hulu screen asking me to sign up for $5.99/month. How can this be resolved???

8 Replies

Hey there @rawplum,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

Do you mind checking if you've activated Hulu yet and if not link your accounts first. Here's how:

1. Go to Your Services and select Activate Hulu.
  2. Complete the required fields to sign up for Hulu's ad-supported plan.

Bear in mind that your Premium Student subscription gives you access to Hulu’s ad-supported plan only. If you wish to subscribe to another Hulu plan, you can sign up directly through Hulu.

For full info on Premium with Hulu, we'd suggest checking out this support page.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I stated in my original post that I had Hulu activated under "Your
Services" but when I click "start watching" it's asking me to sign up for a
hulu plan and put in my credit card information or start a free trial.

I stated in my original post that I had Hulu activated under "Your Services" but when I click "start watching" it's asking me to sign up for a hulu plan and put in my credit card information or start a free trial.

Hi @rawplum,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I must have missed the part where you mentioned that you've already activated the service. Sorry about that 🙂

In that case, just go ahead and enter your information for the Hulu plan. During sign-up you should have the option to switch your billing to Spotify.

Keep me posted.

XeniaModerator

There is no option to add my billing as spotify. It is only letting me put
in a credit card.

Hello again @rawplum,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Maybe you still need to enter a valid payment method when signing up for Hulu. If you don't yet have an account registered, I'd suggest going ahead and signing up for the free trial.

You can also check out the steps at Hulu's help center or get in touch with the support team, for help with their sign up process.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout if you have any other questions!

XeniaModerator

Hello,

None of this has resolved my issues. I'm confused as to why this cannot just be fixed on your end.

Hey there @rawplum,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

Just to clarify, are you logged in the Hulu account that you linked when signing up for Premium Student when you see this message?

If not, we'd recommend logging in to your Hulu account to double-check if this message still pops up after that.

If you have linked the wrong Hulu/Showtime account, you'll need to cancel the subscription and subscribe again, linking the correct account. Keep in mind that when doing so, you'll need to switch your Hulu billing to Spotify.

You can always confirm if you're billed by Spotify by checking your Hulu account page.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts