Family premium

Country

USA

Device

Alcatel 360, Dell PC

Operating System

Android, win 10

My Question or Issue

My account keeps getting hacked. Over and over. I've done everything, I've scoured my computer and phone. I've changed passwords. Twice now some guy in Spain has hacked my account and I want to know why and how. Where is the data leak!?

13 Replies

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

I’m sorry to hear you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Please check out the FAQ page ”Someone else has gained access to my account” here for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Same here; almost weekly. Every account I have may share a username, but the passwords are unique to that service. No two are ever the same. Something needs to be done about this.

chadhorn_0-1582583354561.png

Hey there @chadhorn,

Thanks for reaching out!

It's good that you use a different password for each service. 

After you reset your password for your Spotify account, it's advisable to reset the one of the email linked to that account.

The next thing to do would be to Remove access to third-party apps. They might have been compromised. Plus, later on you can grant them access again.

Additionally, you can also take a look at this article.

Hope this helps, keep us posted! 

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I think there is a big problem here. My wife has had this happen 3 days in a row now and she’s changed the passwords to something she hasn’t used anywhere else. After doing some googling it seems people have had similar problems for years. It’s always changed on an iOS device so it’s not a desktop or laptop with a possible malware problem. 

Hey there @tanner4105,

Thanks for sharing this!

Just to clarify, is your wife receiving emails for an unrecognized login or is her account's password updated?

Keep in mind that if she's connected to a VPN service when logging in the app, it could explain why she's seeing a different location.

If that doesn't help, we'd recommend making sure that she follows all the steps mentioned here on top of changing her account's password. 

This way, she can also reach out to our support teams who can take a closer look behind the scenes for her.

She can also double check the third party apps linked to her account and revoke access from any that's she's no longer using. There's more info on how to do so here.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I also keep getting hacked and i'm always changing passwords, clearly Spotify has some security issues. So it's over for me ! It's not safe guys!!!

Exact same situation here. I can't count how many times I've changed my password. I don't use a VPN. I don't have any linked apps. I think Spotify has a security issue.

Same here. It's been happening for MONTHS for me, I've been hacked so many times. I've changed my password so many times. I'm going to try revoking access to all 3rd party stuff, so I hope that helps. If I get hacked again then it's definitely SPOTIFY's bad security. This shouldn't be happening.

I've gotten my spotify hacked from several places, the two most recent being Argentina and Bangladesh. This is insane, lol.

My Spotify still gets hacked every few months. Totally unique computer generated passwords too. There's a security leak at Spotify 

Hi there @smeat,

Thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear that this is happening.

We'd recommend running through the steps in this Guide.

It's also a good idea to change your email address or the password to your email address or any other service you're using to log in.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Unfortunately, I've done this route and it still happens. I've also been
using it on a new computer and removing it from my old computer to no
avail. There's something up at Spotify since this is not an isolated
incident. We're trying to help y'all and you keep punting the ball back to
us.

Nah. I've done ALL of that. There's a security issue at Spotify. An obvious fix would be to add two factor authentication. If no one could access my account without a code from my phone that would solve the problem. But for some reason Spotify refuses to make their site truly secure. 

Hey @smeat,

Thanks for posting back in the Community.

The idea about adding a two-factor authentication is under considerations from Spotify already. Keep an eye on this thread here, so you will be aware on the latest developments on this topic.  

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts