Announcements

I am being charged for Premium but I have free

Solved!
Highlighted

I am being charged for Premium but I have free

Visitor

as my topic states I have been charged for a while now every month for a Spotify premium plan even though I am still subscribed to the free account with ads. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: I am being charged for premium even though I am on the free plan

Hey there @Tarran

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

As @引きこもり suggested, sometimes Spotify users create more than one account for different reasons

In such a case you might have both free and Premium accounts. If you're accidentally logged in to your free account, you won't be able to see Premium features. We suggest you head to this help page. Make sure you check all the troubleshooting steps and especially the ones for finding other accounts. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted

Rising Star 12
Rising Star 12

Hi, your Premium subscription is most likely on another account.

Check to see if you have any other accounts.

Highlighted
Solution!

Hey there @Tarran

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

As @引きこもり suggested, sometimes Spotify users create more than one account for different reasons

In such a case you might have both free and Premium accounts. If you're accidentally logged in to your free account, you won't be able to see Premium features. We suggest you head to this help page. Make sure you check all the troubleshooting steps and especially the ones for finding other accounts. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

IvanModerator
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Visitor

Hello, 

I am having this same problem. I do NOT have any other accounts, I have not shared my credit card information with friends or family and I cannot find a spotify account that my credit card is linked to. This has happened for two months. Can you please advise? I think it would be most efficient to talk to someone via phone. 

Thank you.

Highlighted

Visitor

I have the same problem, I checked the online help page and heeded all the advice. The 0.01 cent payment for the trial family account went through, I logged out on all my devices, yet I still only have the free plan with ads etc.

Highlighted

Hello @Birger2,

If you're being charged for Premium and you don't know for which account, we'd suggest you follow the steps under Didn't sign-up for Premium? on this page to get in touch with our support staff. They'd be happy to help you out 🙂

@Barth72 if you signed up for a trial but your account is still on Free, it's likely that you're not eligible for that offer.

This can happen if you've paid for Premium in the past on another account with the same payment method or if your account was on Premium as member of a Family plan before. In those cases it won't be possible to activate any trial offer, since they're intended for users who've never tested Premium. Head here for more info on that.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout in case you've still got any questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
Highlighted

Re: I am being charged for Premium but I have free

Visitor

Heya Today £9.99 has been taken out my bank account and I have a free account and not premium and I haven’t used Spotify in months also I yeah and I only have one account and how I said the money has been taken out my account but it was just this month and I haven’t used Spotify in months as I use Apple Music now so please help me x

Highlighted

Hey @sophiexj,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community. We'll be happy to help 🙂

We'd suggest you go ahead and click here. That way you can see all the successful payments you've processed to Spotify. If you can see a payment and want to cancel the subscription, you can check these steps.

If you can't find a payment, it's a good idea to give these steps a go. 

Hope this helps. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
Highlighted

Visitor
Hi I have a similar issue. I am paying for premium but unable to use it as my account info states I am have a free acount. I have not used any other log in / email. Please help or will have to block the payments!
SUGGESTED POSTS