Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I am on premium trial and I was charged 32 dollars?!

I am on premium trial and I was charged 32 dollars?!

Okay, so Spotify said I can have one month free trial as long as I add a credit card or a paypal account and it will be free until Dec 2 (Still says that)

However, I see on my chase bank account I was charged 32 dollars from paypal itunes account with a number 402-935-7733

and I am so confused. Spotify is only ten bucks so i don't why I got charged 32 dollars if they made a mistake. 

How do I take this back? I can cancel or anything! It doesn't say anything in my paypal account and Im just really confused. This may be a paypal issue too, if you know anything or want more information, let me know!

1 Reply

Hi ellenlee97!

So, after a quick Google search on the phone number (thanks for including that btw), I found this post in PayPal's community forums:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Protections/Suspected-fraudulent-charge-402-935-7733/td-p/...

It seems that if you attempted to set up payment for the trial with PayPal, your PayPal account may have not been filled with sufficient funds. Regardless, that shouldn't warrant a $32 charge. iTunes and Spotify are two different music softwares, and thus that leads me to believe that this was not a result of the Spotify trial. 

However, I do think this is still odd. Do you share an iTunes or PayPal account with anyone (family, friends, whomever)? They may have purchased something at the same time. I do think the best course of action is to contact your bank and tell them you did not authorize a $32 payment of any kind and then proceed from there.

I hope this works out! Good luck!

Suggested posts