Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I am using Free but still got charged $9.99

I am using Free but still got charged $9.99

I have switched from Premium to Free subscription a few months ago, but then when I checked back my PayPal record and found out I am still being charged $9.99 and the subscription status of my account literally shows FREE.

I have tried to email Spotify Support a month ago but received no reply , and now I see my PayPal showing I am getting charged another $9.99 for my April subscription. 

When would I get my money back when no one is responding...

7 Replies

Hello there @bolajelly,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you've been charged even though your account shows that you're on Free. You might have another account that's still on Premium.

We suggest you visit the support page here and go through the recommended steps under Do you have more than one Premium account? to cancel your subscription or get help from our support teams.

Just bear in mind that they are unfortunately experiencing some delays at the moment due to the current situation. 

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if you need help with anything else.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,
Thanks for the response.
But no, I have only one account.

Thanks for getting back to us @bolajelly!

Could you take a look at your Receipts page? If you don't see the payments there, it means that they are processed on another account.

You can also try the steps from this page in order to locate the account you're paying for.

Make sure you check the spam and junk folders of all active email addresses you use.

Keep us posted and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any more questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Yes, the receipt page shows that I am being charged every month.
I was using student premium but after it ended I switched the subscription
to Free.

Alright @bolajelly!

Thanks for the quick replies. Can you check the status of your subscription with the steps here?

If you see that you're on Premium, we'd recommend checking the email address registered on the account and using it to log in the app. You should see your Premium features.

You should be able to cancel following the directions here.

Last but not least, if you've already reached out for a refund and got an automatic message, make sure to reply to that mail even if it's from no-reply. This could speed up the process.

Let us know how it goes!

ElenaModerator

Done with the steps.

I have sent email to < snip - moderator edit > before I post question in the
community but still haven't heard back from them. The reference number is
ref:_00DD0pxIW._5002o2OJvYj:ref

Got it @bolajelly!

Because it's been some time since you've reached out, we'd recommend sending another message to our support team.

The last tip I mentioned above should also help you get a quicker reply in case you receive an automated reply.

We'll be on the lookout for your update, just give us a shout if there's anything else we could do for you.

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts