Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can not go back from Premium to free suscription and I've been charged in my credit card

I can not go back from Premium to free suscription and I've been charged in my credit card

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8Plus

I got a free subscription to Spotify Premium 3 months ago and this subscription finished by late august. When I tried to cancel this free premium subscription to go back to Free subscription I couldn’t do this since in the web page it was indicated that I already had Free subscription and not Premium subscription, so I wasn’t unable to cancel this (the only option I was given is to subscribe once again to Premium). I can send you a photo of this.

On august 29th I received a charge in my credit card for 9,99€ (ref. REDACTED) and obviously I am not happy with this because I do not want to have a subscription that involves any type of payment.

Please, tell me how to proceed since I do not want to have Premium subscription and to pay for this but I cannot go back to Free subscription because the system does not allow it. If I receive another charge in my credit card I will ask my bank to block this payment.

*Community Rock Star edit - Removed payment info*

1 Reply

Hey @mariuge32, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try canceling your subcription using another browser or incognito mode, and make sure that you login to your account, check for your subscription status and click "CHANGE or CANCEL". If those didn't help, please send me a screenshot of an error message being shown, and make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

If that doesn't help, please make sure you check your subscription status to see whether it says Free or Premium. If it says Free, you may be still getting charged because you have another account on Premium. For that case, I would check this guide on finding your accounts with Premium.

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts