Free

Country

USA 

Device

Chrome book HP, Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I can't seem to get a premium account. I have an american express, and even though I type everything in correctly, it still says the payment has failed. Why is this?  

5 Replies

Hey @Jbird115, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Thanks for reporting this. Could you try using another browser or incognito mode? If that doesn't help, could you send me a screenshot of the error message being shown? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It's still not working. I tried using incognito mode, and since I'm on a chromebook, I cant change browsers. This is a cropped screenshot of the message I'm getting.

image_crop.jpg

@Jbird115.

Thanks for the screenshot. Could you try using a different payment method? Also, check to see if changing internet connections does the trick.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have tried both a different payment method and a different internet, and
neither has worked.

Hey @Jbird115.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd like to find out if something is perhaps up with your account. Would you mind to create a new account to see if you are able to subscribe there? If that works, we'll help you to get all your music over from your old to your new account.

You could also first try a different device, perhaps a mobile phone or a friends' device. Might do the trick.

Hope it works! Let us know what the result is. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts