Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cannot change my bank account (I know what I have to do but I can't)

I cannot change my bank account (I know what I have to do but I can't)

Plan

Premium

Country

France

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I can't change my bank account. I have a new bank account and I want to update it on my profile. However, I can't do it. I've followed the instructions on that page (https://support.spotify.com/be-fr/article/change-payment-details/) but it is impossible for me to update my new bank account since there is no "UPDATE" button that appears on the top of the page.

Please, is this a bug? How to update my payment details please?

Best regards.

Spotify1.JPG
Spotify2.JPG
7 Replies

Hey @remindmo, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Could you try doing this using a different browser or incognito mode? If that doesn't help, please let me know if you see any error messages.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Billy-J,

Thank you for your answer. My current browser is Chrome and I've tried with Microsoft Edge and also the incognito mode, but nothing changes. I can't find the "UPDATE" button to change/modify my payment details. It is the exact same web page as the one I shared previously (screenshot).

Please what can we do?

Hi everybody,

Can anyone help me with my problem please? Does anyone know how I can fix this bug?

Best regards.

I don't know what happened, but I finally could change my payment details. The button in order to modify appeared out of the blue on my profile page.

Thank you, bye!

Hey there @remindmo,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If you're having troubles seeing the "Update" button, you can also follow the steps below to update your payment details:

1. Cancel your subscription.
  2. Wait for your account to revert to Free. You can check this on your subscription page.
    Tip: You won’t lose any music or account settings by reverting to Free, but you will need to redownload anything you’ve made available for offline listening once you’re back on Premium.
  3. Resubscribe to Premium using your new payment method.

You can also check this support site article.

That should do the trick 🙂

However, we're glad to hear that you were able to update your payment details. If you need help with anything else, don't hesitate to let us know!

Have a lovely day.

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I had the same issue. The instructions did not solve this, because the banking details registration form does not accept updated details. I checked the situation with the bank and information is all correct and functioning.

Hey there @RRa,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We'd first recommend trying all the steps provided in this support site article.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest giving it another try with the following:

• Try in an incognito/private window in your browser.
  • Try with a different device (for example, if you're on your mobile, try the steps above in a desktop device).
  • Try in a different network connection.

On another note, just to confirm, let us know if you're seeing an error message when trying to update your payment details. If you share any screenshots of what you see, just make sure that they don't display any personal or sensitive info.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts