Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I cannot sign up for Premium because I have already used my 3m free trial - no other options!!

I cannot sign up for Premium because I have already used my 3m free trial - no other options!!

Hi. I am trying to sign up for Premium Family. Every time I try it says I have already used my 3m trial. This is true but it does not give me an option to sign up without using said trial. How can I sign up?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

6 Replies

Hi @ChazNaster, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

Could you try upgrading to Premium Family by going here, and selecting the plan? If that doesn't work, try doing this using a different browser or private window.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Billy-J. I appreciate the quick reply.

I did try again and am now getting a different error that states: Payment failed. Try again, or use a different payment method.

I have tried two different credit cards.

Is there another way?

Thank you. Christian

Hey @ChazNaster,

Sorry to hear that.

The last steps we could try is: 

• follow some payment troubleshooting steps here.
  • create a new account and start Premium on that new account. If that works, then I'll provide you some steps on how to transfer music onto that new account.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there @ChazNaster,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing this.

Can you try with this link and tell us what happens? It's best to open it in an Incognito Window 🙂

If there's an error message, let us know if it's any different from the ones you've seen now so we can troubleshoot further.

Additionally, you can try with another payment method for the time being, if you have the possibility.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Thanks for the guidance but none of the offered options (different payment methods, incognito browser windows, new accounts on different emails) worked.

I was forced to transition my teenage son’s premium account to a family account and then invite myself. Not ideal as I prefer to keep those things in my own name, but it worked in the end.

If there is a way to make my account the family base account without disturbing our settings, it would be helpful.

Christian

Hey @ChazNaster,

Thanks for letting us know - glad you were able to find a workaround.

Regarding the payment issues you encountered when trying to subscribe from your account, the best thing to do would be to reach out to our Customer Support team here, who will be able to see what went wrong with the payment attempts.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

Take care for now!

Suggested posts