Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I don't feel like Spotify is giving me my money's worth

I don't feel like Spotify is giving me my money's worth

Spotify is my go to music streaming app. I've had a premium account for a couple years now. I don't feel like I've been getting my money's worth. 

The UI has become very stale. People are requesting great ideas in the "Ideas" section of the community. These get reviewed and put into a monthly post, but every month it looks like all the ideas have been marked "not now". 

I recall the IOS update for version 8 called for "a big change in UI". I was heavily disappointed when it seemed a few graphics got updated. 

I'm not ready to pull the plug right now, because a lot of the other streaming service suck. But my dissatisfaction with the lack of improved product is increasing. Please, continue the design cycle and iterate. 

Also, a screen for feedback popped up and it ended up bugging out at the end (attached).

AD11FA6C-772C-44EA-8BF8-6EE6E9F696A2.png
1 Reply

Hey there @ol_granns!

I hope your keeping well, firstly would you be able to create a second post regarding the error that you received so I can get this passed across to the folks responsible for the Community and they can investigate the error message further as that shouldn't be happening.

Regarding the comments surrounding the UI and Ideas. I totally can understand your frustrations with regards to ideas being marked as 'Not Right Now'. If an idea is marked as not right now it has as you have said reached the correct folks who are responsible for this specific feature or area of the application. They've seen and read the feedback which has been collated and the demand for this howeverThere's various reasons why ideas are Not Right Now which is usually explained within the Status Update on a specific idea or in general such as something else is in the way which could be delaying it or that it's not on Spotify's Current Roadmap.

Take care,

Suggested posts