Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I feel bu**hurt, I can't get offer price for premium for the silliest reason.

I feel bu**hurt, I can't get offer price for premium for the silliest reason.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

India

Device

(Macbook Pro 2017)

Operating System

(MacOS Catalina)

My Question or Issue

So in India, there is an offer price on Spotify premium plan(prepaid)- 699 bucks for a year instead of 1189.

I came across this info on my phone on the Google app on my android phone as a Giant ad while surfing a search result through google.

This is a great offer. I had recently run out of my prepaid Spotify premium, so naturally I clicked the banner ad to see if it’s legit, unaware of whether my account was logged in or not. Just to see if it took me to the official Spotify website and is not a third party thing. I did not intend to make a transaction on the google app as it’s not a proper web browser, so when I clicked the banner ad and it took me to the official website, I was very excited and I quickly opened my laptop and went to the Spotify website to get that sweet deal. BUT LITTLE DID I KNOW, I HAD ALREADY MESSED UP!!! How?!

Apparently as chrome on my phone is logged into my Spotify account. It took my opening of the ad and moving to the laptop as "cancelled". I tried going back to the google app, but google app being google app, but it had already ditched me and opened home of the app for a fresh search.

This is so frustrating, just a very dumb way of working.

After using Spotify for 8 long years, Apple music does seem a lot less frustrating.

I wish I never saw that ad or ever gain access to the offer to begin with.

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 11.56.08 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 11.56.50 PM.png
1 Reply

Hello @kyapatayaar!

Thanks for reaching out. I'll try to help you out. Can you try opening this link in a private/incognito window? Let me know if you can get the offer from this page.

Keep me posted and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts