Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I'm paying for premium. Why am I still getting promotional playlists in my face?

I'm paying for premium. Why am I still getting promotional playlists in my face?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS11

My Question or Issue

I pay monthly for Spotify Premium so I not longer get advertisements. Why do I still get promotional playlist notifications? I thought I paid to keep peoples marketing budgets out of my earbuds. Can I turn these notifications off? 

IMG_7090.PNG
4 Replies

I'm having this exact issue as well (also Premium user), and it's very irritating. I am experiencing this too without any notifications enabled. It also just started happening. If this is a bug, then they need to fix it ASAP as these are very much ads and absolutely break the contract of not having ads.

If Spotify fails to fix this, I will absolutely cancel my account. Plenty of competitors these days.

It gets me really heated that they would disrespect my loyalty to their service for nearly a decade for the sake of a little extra ad money. I will cancel my subscription too, if this does not cease. A.M. would work more seamlessly on my device, anyway.

Hooray! You can now disable this feature by going to Settings >> Notifications. Thank you Spotify! 

79ED9471-4C86-4424-951B-E4B9EE8C0C33.png

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. We jut came across this thread.

@mateoio - it's really nice of you to share this with the other users 🙂

Let us know if we can help all of you with something else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts