Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I paid for my premium account but it still says I haven't paid.

I paid for my premium account but it still says I haven't paid.

I paid for my Spotify Premium on the 3rd of May and I'm still getting the message that I need to pay for it. How do I know the payment has gone through? On my PayPal statement, it says "Pre-approved payment" so that means I definitely paid.

13 Replies

Hey @user-removed, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Did you receive a payment confirmation email from Spotify?

Let me know 🙂

Not that I know of, but I have a transaction ID from PayPal if that would be useful.

@user-removed,

Are you trying to purchase the student discount or the normal Premium subscription?

That isn't the case because the money has been taken out of my account, I have proof it has been taken out.

@user-removed,

Any payments that you haven't gotten a receipt for are only pending and should be canceled soon. If you check in a few days and still have extra charges, let me know and I will escalate this to a Spotify staff member!

Looking forward to your response 🙂

It's not pending because the money has been literally taken out of my account. It's not in the pending section. 

Screenshot_1.png

@user-removed,

All you need to do is get in contact with Spotify support and their Accounts team can take a look backstage. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. They usually respond within 48 hours!

Please let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

I’m in the same boat 

Hey @Lorcanbreen2002!

Welcome to the Community, thanks for checking with us.

There are a few things that might have happened which could be causing this. The easiest being that you'd need to log out and in again to sync up your subscription status.

If that's not causing the issue, we'd recommend checking your account page under Receipts - there you can see if your payment has gone through successfully on the account. If you see it, make sure you're using the correct email/username to log in on the app as well.

You can take a look at this page for other possible scenarios.

Hope this helps!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi 

I paid got spotify and it keeps saying I need to update payment but I've already gotten the receipt 

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, if possible the payment didn't make through and that's why you see this message with a prompt to update the payment. You can check the status of the payment you made on your bank statement to see if everything is in order.

On another note, it's possible that the system has not been refreshed yet. If that's the case, we'd suggest you log out and log in twice onto your Spotify account; this way the system will force a resync of your account and if the payment was made successfully, the message will go away.

Lastly, since you mentioned you have the receipt of it, the best way to go in this case is to contact our Customer Support team, so they can help you to check the charge and your account more thoroughly. You can find out how to contact them here

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Yo estoy en la  misma situación y en los recibos me sale como ya pagado

i hv the same situation i already paid for the premium student in 15th august but at 20th august spotify asked me to update the payment but i already paid it?? w

Suggested posts