Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I recently lost my debit card, is there any other method to pay my monthly subscription fee?

I recently lost my debit card, is there any other method to pay my monthly subscription fee?

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

My Question or Issue

I recently lost my debit card this Saturday which I naturally blocked as soon as I noticed, of course the timing had to be so terrible that it was right around the time to pay for Spotify Premium. Worst case scenario I'll have to wait 7 days until I get my replacement card.

Is there any other way of paying for my subscription in the meanwhile? Using PayPal is pointless. I have money for paying on my PayPal account but it still requires a card of some sort linked to it in order to pay, kinda defeating the whole purpose of using PayPal. It would kinda suck if I lost my premium subscription because I lost my card...

1 Reply

Someone will probably tell you to buy a gift card. If you are in the USA, it probably won't work. Multiple users have reported that gift card PIN codes in the USA are not working.

Spotify is in denial, and has not recognized this is a systemic issue. They are troubleshooting each case individually, with no resolution.

See this thread for details: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Subscriptions/GIFT-CARD-FAILURE/td-p/4739280

Don't buy a gift card in the USA. It won't work. The retail store will NOT give you a refund, and @SpotifyCares does NOT know how to fix it.

#GiftCardFailure #SpotifyInDenial

Suggested posts