Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want to change payment details, but not my country

Solved!

I want to change payment details, but not my country

My Mastercard is issued in another country and the company I am currently working for can only provide us with these cards. I haven't moved to another country but in order to use this card it wants me to change my country. How do I proceed withouth changing my country (I'm not even sure I can anyway)? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @lessthanabi and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Actually, the credit card must be issued in the same country you set in your account. You need to change country on your account to make things work.

If you have any other question, feel free to ask! 😁

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @lessthanabi and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Actually, the credit card must be issued in the same country you set in your account. You need to change country on your account to make things work.

If you have any other question, feel free to ask! 😁

Honestly it is not fair that spotify change the contry based on the credit card information - I had to changed my Mx credit card because I received an unknown chanrge and in the meantime while getting the reposition I used my US Debit card for the monthly payment and I paid more! I paid 14.99 USD US fee vs. 149.00 pesos Mx fee and I can't get a reinbursment or anything - I paid more for 3 months because I wad under the impression that Spotify will honor my account based country fee and it will charge 149.00 pesos - now I can't change my country back to MX - it is very silly.

plus there's is no customer service number where to call - 

Suggested posts