Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I was charged full price despite having a student plan

I was charged full price despite having a student plan

Plan: Student plan

My Question or Issue:

Even though I have the student plan, I was charged full price ($9.99) in this month of December. I have been regularly charged the Student amount for the past few months since I applied, and my account says I will be charged for the Student price next month as well. What happened this month? Why have I been randomly charged full price????

2 Replies

Hey @notadora, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you check out this support article here under Overcharged for the student discount? section and follow the steps provided? 

Let me know how that goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @notadora,

Thanks for posting here!

The discount is valid for 12 moths from the date off verification. After that it should be verified again.

Here's what you need to know so you can get the Premium Student price applied to your account:

1. You must first verify yourself as a student through SheerID.

2. Then, you must update your payment details so that the Premium Student price can be applied (click on Get Discount).

3. After that, to see if this worked out, you can check your subscription page.

But bear in mind that you cannot get a refund if you've been charged with the regular price and 14 days have passed. It's our users responsibility to check the status of their subscription. 

We also send an email with a note that the notification is about to expire before it does. If you haven't seen anything like that, you can check your spam folder and if the correct email is linked to your account. 

Hope this sheds light on the subject. Let us know if we can help with anything else 🙂 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts