Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If I sign up for Family while my Duo account is still active will I be charged twice?

If I sign up for Family while my Duo account is still active will I be charged twice?

I'm trying to switch from Duo to Family. There was no option for that so I downgraded to free but still have Duo paid until my next renewal. When I try to sign up for Family it asks for my credit card info which makes me think I will be double charged since you already have my info on file from the Duo account. This is very confusing. If I sign up for Family with my Duo account still active (but canceled), will my payment switch too or will be double charged for the month?

Premium Plans (Duo / Family)

Device

(iPhone 11, desktop)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey @126632691, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

For this case, I'd recommend waiting for your Premium Duo subscription to end and revert to Spotify Free on your next billing date. After that date, you can resubscribe to Premium Family and you'll be asked for your payment details again since your account would be reverted to Spotify Free. 

There is some more info on Premium Family and how it works here

Also, there is some info on canceling Premium plans here

I can always check in with you after your billing date (if you provide it) to see how everything comes along. Let me know what you think. 

Let me know how everything goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts