Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If Spotify is now free, why am I being charged £9.99

Solved!

If Spotify is now free, why am I being charged £9.99

I have just checked my PayPal account and have noticed £9.99 has been taken by Spotify. I have not been charged for the past couple of months and I assumed this was because Spotify is now free? I was informed of this by an ad on my laptop on Spotify. Can someone make this clear to me please?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

Did you ever subscribe to Spotify premium/unlimited? If you never canceled, that is why you are being charged. You can cancel with these steps, and if you want you can prevent anything from being charged to your paypal account with these steps, also remove your payment methods from your Spotify account. <Moderator Edit>

Hope this gets sorted for you! 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

61 Replies

Hi Ng1984, it sounds like there's been some confusion here!

We launched a Free service on mobiles quite recently which is likely what you were told about in the advert you mentioned.

This Free service is ad-supported though, and doesn't have many of the features Premium subscribers get.

Currently you're still on our Premium service (£9.99 per month) but you can change this at any time here

Just bare in mind that if you revert to Free, you'll lose Offline Mode, the ability to select which tracks you want to listen to freely, and you'll hear advert breaks. 

If you have any questions, fire away 🙂

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares
Marked as solution

Hello!

Did you ever subscribe to Spotify premium/unlimited? If you never canceled, that is why you are being charged. You can cancel with these steps, and if you want you can prevent anything from being charged to your paypal account with these steps, also remove your payment methods from your Spotify account. <Moderator Edit>

Hope this gets sorted for you! 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Hi,
I am getting charged from Spotify when I am a free user...i have noticed this because I went into my bank and I have seen that the last three months Spotify has charged me £9,99 but I am not a premium user, actually I tried to unsubscribe but it says Free User.
Can anybody help me with this? I do not know why I have been charged....and no notifications for this?

Hey EduardoJT,

Please contact support via this link.  They will help to find the account which is charging you.

If you could provide the following details, then it would help speed up the process.

First 6 digits on payment card

Last 4 digits on payment card

How the charge shows on your statement (ie Ady*Spotify, Spotify USA)

The date of the last payment

That should be enough for the agent to run a basic search for the payments.  They may need to ask for further transaction details, but this will be explained.  Please post your case number in a reply to this thread and I will chase it up for you on Monday.

Hi Calvin,
First thanks for the quick reply.
I send a question with all the info you asked for but they will reply to the hotmail account (ataqueguas@hotmail.com) which I cannot access anymore. I can only access the other e-mail I have provided. Could you please chase this for me?
Thanks for your support.

Hey Eduardo,

I have replied to case 3245322 with a request for the transaction code.  I have found a matching account, but I need the BAAC to double-check my work.  If you could get that for us, we will be able to resolve this issue for you.

I'm supposed to be getting Spotify premium free with my mobile plan But spotify recently updated in the background and now when I try to access my playlists spot is asking for a credit card. I called my Telco and they said that I still should be getting free spotify premium. They asked me to contact you direct. Please help.

I have tried to cancel twice and it's taken money that has no reason to be taken away

And I'm on the free version so it's pretty ridiculous

By clicking on : "Currently you're still on our Premium service (£9.99 per month) but you can change this at any time here" (the last word, "here", is a link) I am taken to the Subscription Page which ONLY allows paying for Premium. There is NO option for cancellation of subscription. This is the same, using Safari or Internet Explorer browsers. Please send a valid link for cancellation.

I have tried canceling twice also and it still charges me. And since they dont have a number to call, we can't get ahold of the people to help us. Never using spotify again.

Hi

I paid for spotify premium but never got it. Im still on spotify free, but still being charged every month for 9,99???

I already have free spotify and I been charged 5.45 how can I get refunded back cause I'm not a student

Yesterday (8-30-16) Spotify took $10 from my debit card even though I switched back to the free version of Spotify around the beggining of August. I have even double checked in my account on my laptop to see if the change was successful, and it currently says I am using the free version of Spotify. I had premium on my android device for 3 months before I cancelled my subscription (or I at least I believed I had.) I have only one Spotify account, and I use Spotify soley on my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone. I just do not want this app taking anymore of my money unnecessarily, and if the case is that Spotify was taking my payment for an extra month of my using Premium without my knowing I would like to be informed so as I can prevent myself from making an further mistakes. Thank you.

How do you resolve the issue of being charged $9.99 when you cancelled the premium subscription months ago? Multiple emails have been sent addressing this issue but nothing is being done to resolve it

I dont use spotify hant for months thought i was ony paying for one month and just noticed you have been charging my account for months please please cancel this and refund this  dorothyevangelist5@gmail.com

I had a similar problem. I thought I had cancelled my subscription but I still got charged. I am not happy about this.

Why have i been charged when I'm using spotify free

never accepted the premium package. I signed up for the summer 3 mos for 99 cents USD and . I dont use the app as much so I cancelled the supscription and I still get charged 9.99 USD every month and I continue to cancel. But it is still charging me and all the cancelling instructions provided are false.

Suggested posts