Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If Spotify is now free, why am I being charged £9.99

Solved!

If Spotify is now free, why am I being charged £9.99

I have just checked my PayPal account and have noticed £9.99 has been taken by Spotify. I have not been charged for the past couple of months and I assumed this was because Spotify is now free? I was informed of this by an ad on my laptop on Spotify. Can someone make this clear to me please?
61 Replies

I also cancelled my Spotify Premium Subscription but I am still charged $9.99/month. This is absolutely ridiculous. I have been using the free version of Spotify and I am still charged $9.99/month. Can you please help and resolve this matter. Thanks.

Same here. I thought i cancelled my subscription its saying i have spotify free and im being charged 9.99. Last month i was charged the same. Now im checking to make sure it hasnt been going on any longer. Refund me asap

I want to stop spoty, how can I do it?

I just checked my TSB account and you took money out please refund me back immediately because Spotify account is cancelled say no money should leave my account reference number what I see in my a statement Ponccfaa7d
My name is Raymond Anderson my email address is wallback@icloud.com

yes I did get a free trial but I cancel before my charge and they charged me on my card not once but twice and I want my refund back in my card that's not right that you take money out of my card after I had cancelled please notify me at 361-429-6098 I'm not too familiar with getting a hold of you all with texting please I need my refund back that money is used for my pills that's a reason why I cancel

Is there any way to get in contact wirh customer support to get the money returned if we canceled the account?

Not that I could find

Spotify lists my subsciption as Free but I am being charged a monthly fee of $9.99. WHY????  I am not able to cancel this through the website.   I am not able to cancel this using the form because I don't have all the information necessary for the form as it requires the date you signed up for the service.  I signed up for the FREE service on 12/26/2016.  I NEVER signed up for any services that cost money.   This sounds like a run around and a class action law suit waiting to happen.  Please at least respond to my question of how to cancel this monthly subscription as soon as possible.  It would also be great customer service if you would refund the $9.99 you charged my bank account today.  Thank you!

I have the same problem as everybody else. I have been also charged (9.99e) and I have been a "free-user" almost half year. This is ridicilous.. I want my money back 😡

Spotify have done the exact same thing to me!! I'm not very happy. And they don't do anything about it when you tell them , I would love the money put back into my account but that's not going to happen.

I have been with Spotify for about a year now, not once have I had money taken out of my account because it was meant to be free?
Then all of a sudden this month Spotify took almost $20 out of my account??
Talk about **bleep** false advertisement!!

So I have unsubscribed!

Hello I've cancelled my subscription and was still charged on my card by spotify! Why?!! I don't appreciate that

How can I keep premium Spotify without being automatically billed? How can I make manual payments each month without my card being set for auto?

Please I want to cancel all my pre autorize payment my name is Teresita pamintuan through my  pic MasterCard 5181 2719 ,2065 7902

I cancled my account in june why are you still charging my all this time please contact me ive already called my bank and registered a complaint

you shuld never post your credit card in this form i can see it as well everybody else can

Spotify has been stealing money for over a year and i just found out because i received a call for my bank account being overdrafted and this is not the first time. My account is set to free and they have been charging me for over a year!!! I dont even recieve premium perks.

Screenshot_20171130-180125.png

I subscribed but I cannot access the account thru password. I can access thru facebook but it says when i am in accounts and subscriptions that i have no premium account, no reciepts etc. So I dont think I have been given the permission to use the full spotify account. I would like a refund for the past 3 months please.

Thank you

Tim

Hello!!! I´m being charged R$16,90 on december 2017!!! But I changed  my plan to family and it suppouse to charge only in Feb 2018!!!

I´d like some information about it.

Thanks

Hello. 

So I have the regular 9.99$ premium account that i pay every month. I'm only a few days late this time so I had to reenter my card details. 

The website wont let me pay for my account subscription, it only gives the options of getting the family plan or the student plan. So I tried to figure out the student plan, because I'm a second year college student, but my school isn't listen on the schools to choose from. So I decided to cancel out on that, but I still got charged the price for it. Now I can't pay my regular subscription. 

I just want the money back so I can get my account paid properly. I don't want to lose my music and money because of something that was not my errors. 

Victoria.

I have the same question.  I thought i had free spotify( Which it says that i do) but i'm getting charged... even thou my subscriptions say I'm on free spotify???  WT....

And Its been going on for a while.  I wish i could talk to someone to get this sorted out.

Please help!

Suggested posts