If Spotify is now free, why am I being charged £9.99

Solved!

If Spotify is now free, why am I being charged £9.99

Ng1984
I have just checked my PayPal account and have noticed £9.99 has been taken by Spotify. I have not been charged for the past couple of months and I assumed this was because Spotify is now free? I was informed of this by an ad on my laptop on Spotify. Can someone make this clear to me please?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Josh
Community Legend

Hello!

Did you ever subscribe to Spotify premium/unlimited? If you never canceled, that is why you are being charged. You can cancel with these steps, and if you want you can prevent anything from being charged to your paypal account with these steps, also remove your payment methods from your Spotify account. <Moderator Edit>

Hope this gets sorted for you! 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

61 Replies

js123
Casual Listener
No I opened it from Spotify itself.

elchelequintero

js123
Casual Listener

Hi, I signed up for the 3 months free trial and then cancelled my subscription on 29/08/16, however i've been charged and coming back into my account found i've had to cancel again. How do I make sure this has really cancelled?

ivoral
Regular

Why am i paying $14.99 for this month bill reply needed

ivoral
Regular

Wlronquil
After canceling a couple of times I'm still being charged as well. Imagine you'll be refunding my credit card as soon as possible. So far I've been able to find three charges in no particular pattern. I've seen no resolutions to this problem other than "cancel" which reads like everyone is trying to do.

Amelia0674
Hi my payment was coming out twice a month I no longer have Spotify and a payment has still come out of my account but I can't just Spotify. I would love to have Spotify back but not if I get charged twice a month

AlVal2014
I have been charged $10.81 for September for a free subscription. How can I be refunded since there is no customer service line to call and fix?
IMG_0808.PNG

Nicolethorne10
Casual Listener
Hi the same has happend to me, I have been charged £9.99 and on my accout I have a FREE subscription????

Angie1409
Casual Listener
Why have i been charged when I'm using spotify free

johnp602
I already have free spotify and I been charged 5.45 how can I get refunded back cause I'm not a student

orkak

Hi

I paid for spotify premium but never got it. Im still on spotify free, but still being charged every month for 9,99???

Nicolethorne10
Casual Listener
Same!! Maybe we need to report them coz this isnt right!!!!

user-removed
Not applicable
And I'm on the free version so it's pretty ridiculous

user-removed
Not applicable
I have tried to cancel twice and it's taken money that has no reason to be taken away

billiie3333

I have tried canceling twice also and it still charges me. And since they dont have a number to call, we can't get ahold of the people to help us. Never using spotify again.

Keionilee
Casual Listener

so did you find a way for them to stop charging you because this is a real problem for me. We need to take action against them.

IndaJBurke
Casual Listener
I had to keep reloading the page and cancelling it.

Ru1969
I'm supposed to be getting Spotify premium free with my mobile plan But spotify recently updated in the background and now when I try to access my playlists spot is asking for a credit card. I called my Telco and they said that I still should be getting free spotify premium. They asked me to contact you direct. Please help.
Solution!

Josh
Community Legend

Hello!

Did you ever subscribe to Spotify premium/unlimited? If you never canceled, that is why you are being charged. You can cancel with these steps, and if you want you can prevent anything from being charged to your paypal account with these steps, also remove your payment methods from your Spotify account. <Moderator Edit>

Hope this gets sorted for you! 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

View solution in original post

caroltarantino

Hello!!! I´m being charged R$16,90 on december 2017!!! But I changed  my plan to family and it suppouse to charge only in Feb 2018!!!

I´d like some information about it.

Thanks

SUGGESTED POSTS