[India] Issue paying for monthly Premium for Students

Solved!

Re: Payment Issue

Bittencourt
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21

Well @sayan313,

If you only have one account and it shows as Free, I'm pretty sure the charge will be soon reimbursed. 

Meanwhile you can try again, this time using different browsers in your computer. Don't forget to clear cache/cookies before you do it.

BittencourtRock Star 21
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re: [India] Issue paying for monthly Premium for Students

1337listener
Regular

Dear team, 

May I know if there is any progress, if at all? It's been more than a couple of weeks and I/others am/are not sure how long it's going to take to have this resolved. At the moment, I have paused my renewal. 

sayan313
Regular

It's frustrating for me too...seriously, I'm thinking of switching to other services because I don't know how long should I wait. The absence of various artists is annoying too. I can't even listen to The Smiths....You gotta fix these things guys. The main attraction of Spotify is the larger global artists & we don't get that in India.

spitfireftw
Casual Listener
@sayan313 
I got the same error with a reason that my debit card doesn't support subscription payments (the ones that get deducted automatically every month) thus meaning that I'll have to enter my details every month, use my pin and otp to activate my payment, I think the same case was with you. Spotify doesn't hold your payment, if it showed you a payment failure and the money has been deducted, it's probably been reverted. However, the money being creditted in your bank depends solely on your bank. I got my 59 Rupees within a week. Be patient, and put up for the monthly package of Rs. 66 or try a different method.

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey, @Peter the amount was credited back to my accounts a while ago. But i'm still not sure if i should opt for the 59/month subscrption pack. However, i did get the spotify premium from another account for Rs.66 from PayTm. But this is getting very frustrating to perform the same task over and over again every month.

triethyl

Plan: Spotify Free

Recurring Payment Method (trying for): SBI Global (VISA)

Under: Spotify Student Discount

Hey @Peter, I followed along the issue from pages to pages but nowhere did I found the solution. I feels like, from India, it's not possible to get any card that supports monthly billing. The Rs. 59/m charge is given only for students and I feel like, as a student myself, it's very difficult for us to roam about from one bank to another every now and then just to check if it supports recurring billing. I searched Google for banks in India that supports monthly billing but I came up with nothing. If any bank supports monthly billing, could you let us know?

Instead, if we can pay via much easier and handy solutions like PayTM, BHIM UPI, the issue gets fixed then and there.

Please resolve this issue as soon as possible. I want Spotify Premium so badly! Even if I'm eligible for student discount, I feel like I can't avail it.

Many thanks for reading upto this,

Great day 🙂

Sandipan.

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community to report the payment issues you're experiencing.

Even if you are able to pay for other monthly subscriptions using a debit card, this does not guarantee that you will be able to do so with Spotify.

We suggest you reach out to your individual banks regarding Spotify payments.

Thanks!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

PradeepMoras
I have had the same issue, I am not opting for a student plan. i am opting for a 'Free Trail', when I add my debit card info, i get the same exact error. If so many people seem to be having an issue with using a debit cards, specially when its across different banks, I honestly feel the issue is on your side. As said by many, I too use my debit card for other music services where I pay monthly/yearly and have never had an issue, well, until today with Spotify. Please look into this and fix it. Majority of the users use debit card for transactions, even paying for services. By not fixing this you may lose many potential paid subscriptions because of this.

agneev

This is not the solution. Not sure why it's marked as such. 

1337listener
Regular
That is because they felt it's not worth their efforts pursuing it further.
SUGGESTED POSTS