[India] Issue paying for monthly Premium for Students

Solved!

Re: [India] Issue paying for monthly Premium for Students

_okarin_001
Regular

This is a solution??? Are you kidding me??  I have confirmed with my bank and they says it's okay here, I should ask spotify. And you guys are saying ask your bank. Lol

Re: [India] Issue paying for monthly Premium for Students - Status changed to: Need more info

lucifer2971996
Visitor
Subscription:Monthly
Recurring Payment Method: Debit card (SBI VISA)
Country Spotify is set to: India

dineshdharme
Casual Listener

Hi Peter, 

I am experiencing the same issues as other have mentioned with respect to

getting premium plan with my HDFC debit card.

But when I used the same debit card with Spotify prepaid, it worked.

I should have gotten 3 months premium free first then paid service. 

But I guess I will have to go through this route as you guys are not solving this issue.

Hope it helps you debug what is going on.

Re: [India] Issue paying for monthly Premium for Students - Status changed to: Need more info

Saksham3199
Visitor
Subsciption:- student premium 59/ per month
Payment method:- axis bank visa platinum secure+ debit card

I am facing the issue i hade done it through pnb master card also but still the same issue

frootyloopy
Visitor

Monthly billing works just fine in Apple music and Netflix, it's only Spotify which has the problem. And this problem has existed since more than a year.

It's clear Spotify doesn't want my money so I guess I should just sail the high seas now lol.

LAJU
Casual Listener
Cards dont seem to be working for many folks in India. There seems to be a gateway problem

prateek995
Casual Listener

Hi, 

Since you are not ready to solve this problem and insist on all of us to talk to our banks to solve a problem which is only occurring in case of Spotify, I guess you mean that there is no point in hoping any improvement from your side.

If any time you feel that a number of subscribers can help your business, try doing what Apple Music and Netflix does so that we are actually able to pay them.

Thanks

prateek995
Casual Listener
Only if they care enough!!

Ayush_Goyal
Visitor

If have found solution for this problem that can help all.

See,

To pay for spotify premium your card needs to have "International Recurring Payment option"

The only bank's debit card which allow such payments are ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Citibank and Canara Bank.

Sadly only debit cards of above 4 banks have "International Recurring Payment"

You do not face this problem other platforms like Netflix, itunes because they have an Indian Payment Gateway while spotify currently do not have a Indian Payment Gateway.

PS: You won't find any problem with credit cards.

Sarthak98
Casual Listener

I first tried to upgrade to premium with my classic sbi MasterCard. It didn't work. Just because of Spotify I ordered another gold sbi MasterCard so that I can do international payments. Even after that, the issue is the same.
I loved Spotify and I had made a lot of awesome playlists here. But, I have no choice rather than stop using Spotify and find some other app until the issue gets fixed. I can't bear that man saying "You know the funniest thing happened last night?".

SUGGESTED POSTS