Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ineligible for 3 Months Premium for 99 Cents?

Solved!

Ineligible for 3 Months Premium for 99 Cents?

Hi there,

I have never subscribed the Spotify Premium nor had any free trial before, so I was assuming I should have been eligible for the deal. However, when I tried to made the payment I received an error message that told me I had a subscription or trial before so am not eligible for the deal. There must be something wrong. Could somebody please have a look at this issue for me?

Btw, I tried to make the payment twice. With neither could I get the subscription, but I could see the payments have already been deducted from my credit card. What a joke!!!

My login id is <removed sensitive information>

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @garysheffieldh,

Maybe one of your family members has used your chosen payment method in the past for Spotify?

Also, the charges you're seeing are very likely just pending charges. A pending charge is a part of your bank or credit card company’s authorization process. When you submit a payment, they place a temporary authorization on the funds.

If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @garysheffieldh,

Maybe one of your family members has used your chosen payment method in the past for Spotify?

Also, the charges you're seeing are very likely just pending charges. A pending charge is a part of your bank or credit card company’s authorization process. When you submit a payment, they place a temporary authorization on the funds.

If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts