International couple trying to use Spotify Duo

Solved!

International couple trying to use Spotify Duo

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

Finland & Iceland

My Question or Issue

I can't make Spotify Duo work for us even though we live in the same address. The issue is that every time my partner tries to accept my invitation, it does not work because of country issues. The error message that we get says that my partner is trying to join "from another country" and that Duo Premium is only available for couples living in the same address. We use our current address where we both live in Iceland to share the account. I do have a hunch that maybe the duo is not working since my profile country is still for some reason Finland, not Iceland even though I have tried to change it several times and I have already updated my payment method to the Icelandic one so I am using my local credit card. Still, every time I try to change my country settings, they just don't stick in Iceland and always stay in Finland. But. Still, I think this is weird that we can't make this work since we do live in a same address as is the requirement for this account to work. I bet that I am not the only immigrant trying to make this Duo work with a local partner so please help! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @ElliJohanna,

thanks for reaching out !

For your Duo to work, both accounts should be registered on the same country and address and not only the address.

I recommend canceling your current subscription, waiting for it to return back to Free and then update your country and payment method to match for it to work.

You can find all info needed on Duo here.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @ElliJohanna,

thanks for reaching out !

For your Duo to work, both accounts should be registered on the same country and address and not only the address.

I recommend canceling your current subscription, waiting for it to return back to Free and then update your country and payment method to match for it to work.

You can find all info needed on Duo here.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Thank you! This worked and now we are a happy Spotify Duo couple! 🙂

Suggested posts