Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Invitation to Family failed for existing members

Invitation to Family failed for existing members

I recently up-graded my premium account to a Family account. My kids were part of the Premium account, but were not automatically up-dated to Family. I sent them invitations but when klicking the invitation linked they get the message "cannot join premium for family:-(". Why?

My husband who was also invited but who did not have a Spotify account, had no problem joining. Please help us, because we pay for Family but only get the premium service level, very annoying! 

best regards

Karin

4 Replies

Hello Karin,

This doesn't sound good, but I'm here to help you out with this.

So I can take a closer look at what's going on, please can you provide the usernames of the family members you're trying to add to your plan? I'll check things out backstage for you.

Thanks!

Hi!
Thanks for helping me! It is Theodore@woolford.se and patriciaw@live.se.
Many thanks!
Karin

Hey again Karin,

Thanks for this info!

Theodore has a Free account, so he should be able to join your plan. He just needs to click the Accept Invite link he received from you. Please be sure he's logged into his own account when doing this.

As for Patricia, I don't see any accounts linked to her email address. If she hasn't created an account yet, she needs to do this first here and then accept your invite again. Everything should go through nicely afterwards 🙂

If you continue to have any issues, feel free to ping me here. I'd love to help you out!

Many thanks for fast help! We'll try to sort things out now. Have a great day! From sunny Sweden

Suggested posts