Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it possible to give Spotify Israel as a gift?

Is it possible to give Spotify Israel as a gift?

I can't seem to find information for buying someone a gift code for Spotify on the Israel website. Is the feature unavailable?
11 Replies

Hey @chucklind, and welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

You should be able to purchase and send a gift card to someone else if they reside in the same country as the person who purchased it. There is some more info on this here.

Spotify no longer sells Gift cards on the website, but some third parties are selling them, such as Target, Amazon, etc. I’d recommend making a Google Search with the terms ‘Gift Cards Spotify’.

I hope this helps! I’ll be right here if you need anything else 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Billy-J, Thanks so much for your response. The link is leading me to a 404 error. I don't think the page exists on the Israeli website.

Hey @chucklind.

Thanks for the reply! 

I’ve taken a closer look, and it looks like Gift Cards aren’t available in Israel at the moment.

I’ll be right here if you need anything else 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So if I were to buy one using an Israeli PayPal account, I shouldn’t expect it to work?

I ask partially because the gift card redemption page does exist on the Israeli Spotify site. 

Hey @chucklind.

Just wanted to follow up on what @Billy-J said - since there aren't currently any retailers in Israel offering gift cards, you won't be able to purchase one there.

Hope that clears things up 😉

Unfortunately that doesn't clarify the answer for me (also in Israel)...

Suppose I buy a gift card from some retailer, for example here: https://www.paypal.com/us/gifts/brands/spotify

I then send that gift card to my friend who is also located in Israel. Would they be able to redeem the gift card or not?

I am interested in that too - I'd like to purchase a gift card in Israel, what are my options?

Thanks!

Hi there @taladmon,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Currently Giftcards are not available for purchase in Israel.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Alex

Why? How complicate is it to do so?

I also wanted to buy a gift card to my friend here in Israel, and was greatly disappointed that this is actually impossible - would have assumed that when dealing with digital license, geography shouldn't be such an issue...

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts