Country

France

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5

Operating System

Android Oreo, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I cannot add my daughter's account to our family subscription. I already sent several times the invite (even with different e-mail accounts), and I got always the same issue. Spotify answers the account doesn’t exist. This procedure worked perfectly for my wife’s account. Please, could you please advise me?

Regards,

Yamine

3 Replies

Hey @yaminet, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

First, please make sure that your daughter resides at the same physical address as you. Once you've checked that - please send me a screenshot of the error message being shown (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community).

Also, try sending your daughter another invite using a different browser or incognito mode.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Billy,

Thank you for your answer and sorry for the delay.

You'll find a first attachment (sorry in French) with the list of the accounts to which I sent an invitation. You'll see that the second one (my wife) is accepted. But for my daugther it doesn't work.

The account used is an @outlook.com account.

It doesn't work from my daugther smartphone. But it doesn't work as well from my laptop when my daugther opens a local session on it with her @outlook.com account.

I'm using the same process than for my wife, which was able to enable her Spotify account from her smartphone (from home). Same smartphone flavor, Samsung A5.

You'll find a second attachment which corresponds to the error. But basically the error message just says "Incorrect username of password". I tried to connect from her @outlook.com account and from her Facebook account as well.

A big thank you for your help!

Yamine

Accounts.png
LoginFailed.png

Hello Billy,

I tried from another browser in incognito mode and same issue.

And just for information, if I tried to reset her password and I received a message saying: "the e-mail address provided is not associated to a Spotify account"

Thanks again for your help.

Yamine

reinitializePassword.png

Suggested posts