Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

It says i'm not eligible for Premium individual

It says i'm not eligible for Premium individual

Screenshot_20210120-065454_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-065447_Chrome.jpg

 every time i try get a premium individual it keeps saying im not eligible but won't tell me why?

108 Replies

Hey @leon_key, thanks for reaching out here!

Hmm, it looks like you might not be eligible for a trial. You should be able to upgrade to Spotify Premium with this link. Let me know how you get on!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It didn't work it says the same thing.

Hey @leon_key, thanks for keeping me in loop!

Hmm, could you head to spotify.com/account and then choose for 'Change plan' under 'Your plan'? In the menu, you should be able to choose for Spotify Premium. Let me know how you get on!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the same issue, I am currently on an individual plan but cannot renew to a an individual plan

I'm having the same problem as well. These solutions haven't worked.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community.

Could you confirm that you still get the same error, even when trying to subscribe with the link @Hubo posted? If yes, try the following troubleshooting options:

• Try with a private / incognito window, where no data is stored.
  • Try clearing your browser's cookies and cache.
  • Try with another browser.
  • Try with another device, for example, a computer instead of a phone.
  • Try with another payment method (if available).

Keep us posted on this.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, did anyone manage to find a solution to this issue? Having the same problem myself and none of the above suggestions have worked. 

TIA

Hi there @Liam444,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. We'd like to investigate this further.

Can you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you give us some more information of what's happening when you're trying to get Premium Individual?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am also having the same issue. In my app I keep getting the update your payment error. Which I already did. Then when I go under my account, it tells me I am not eligible for my individual plan and tries making me switch to duo (I am the only person using my account). But under the payment portion it says my payment isn't due until February. And I've had my plan for about 2-3 years now with no issues.

Hey @Squidlez4life,

Thanks for the post.

No need to worry, if you've successfully updated your payment method the warning message should go away within a couple of days, as the system needs some time to account for changes in the payment method.

Let us know if you're still seeing the warning after a day or two. We'll do our best to figure out what might be causing this.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Yordan!

I am facing this same issue while trying to renew my premium individual account plan. It states: Sorry, you're not eligible for the plan you selected. But here are more ways to get Premium!

I have also tried to use the 'Change Plan' option in my account but the problem persists. 

However, the payment is getting processed for other plans like the Premium Duo. Please look into this and address the same. 

Hey @arvindnarayan10,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

When trying to renew the payment method keeping the same plan, you need to choose the option Update under Your plan section, instead of the button Change plan in your account page. This second button allows you to change to a different plan, but gives an error if you try to choose the same one. 

If you have the same error message, we'd recommend using an incognito/private window to update the payment details as it doesn't store any cache that may cause troubles.

Lastly, keep in mind that the payment method must fill some requirements listed here

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

I have tried to change it to individual several times but it wont allow me to select it anymore

Hey @NightShade1441,

Thanks for the post.

Can you give us a bit more info about what play you're trying to switch from and what error messages you're getting? We'll do our best to help 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator

i pay w out wait the free 30 days and still making me do the free 30 days

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for joining the thread!

Are you referring to the 1-month-free trial here? Or are you maybe referring to a payment that hasn't been successful?

If so, we'd suggest opening an incognito session of your browser and then opening this link, which should normally skip a trial suggestion and lead you directly to the different kinds of Premium plans 🙂

Let us know how it goes!
We'll be on the lookout for your response.

Cheers!

VasilModerator

Hi there, happy to open a support ticket if that's more direct, but I've encountered this problem for the past few days upon trying to fix the payment method on file for the Premium account I've had for a few years - nothing has changed, and I've tried the 'incognito' browser suggestion as well, but I'm continually redirected to the duo plan. Any advice?

Hey @spiritsmilin,

Thanks for keeping in contact and for the clarification.

To make sure we're on the same page, could you confirm if you're using the Update button instead of Change plan button in you account page? If so, could you send us a screenshot where we can see the issue?

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

I started having this issue. It said it couldn't process my payment and needed me to update my payment method. While trying to update that, it wouldn't let me keep the individual plan. It said I was no longer eligible. I thought maybe it's from having too many devices signed in and that's why I was no longer eligible. So I figured out how to get into My Account and find the Sign Out Everywhere button. After doing that I signed back in (on Chrome for Android) and clicked the Update Payment button and it then allowed me to stay on the individual plan. Hope this helps others.

Suggested posts