Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Itunes payment problems

Itunes payment problems

Hello,

I have had a premium subscribtion with no issues, for many years, paid via Itunes (for a reason I have forgot). For about a week ago I had an email telling me there was a problem with my payment, so I head over to my bank and notice that the payment for premium via Itunes is pending. So I wait for a couple of days, untill I see that the payment has been withdrawn from my account. So everything should now be in order. 

But still my spotify account online is telling me I have to upgrade to premium, and my spotify app is flashing up a red sign saying «your last payment didn’t work».

I have now cancelled the subscribtion over at Itunes (because I discovered that they are adding some kind of fee of $2,3) and was thinking of just renewing my subscribtion at spotify.com. But I have already paid for one month and I don’t want to end up paying double. So what to do now?

I’ll appreciate any kind of help here, thank you.

6 Replies

Hi @Goldenvoice, thanks for writing!

When you click on the link bellow, does your account show as Premium or Free?

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Do you have a second Spotify account?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello,

thank you for your reply. When I click on the link it says my premium is paused. And no, I only have one account.

Ok @Goldenvoice,

In this case I suggest you get in touch with the Spotify Cares staff - They'll be happy to help you further with this.

There are a few ways to contact them.

Another great way is to reach Spotify via Facebook support. Shoot them a message here: Spotify Cares. They generally reply very quickly.

Keep me posted!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Thank you for your reply and advice. I have dropped Spotify Cares on facebook a message and now waiting for their reply. 

I’ll keep you posted.

So, I told about this problem to Spotify Care. They replied quicly, which I highly appretiate. As I thought the person I communicated with, understood my problem, I followed the advice to renew my Premium subscribtion at the spotify.com (not iTunes), thinking (stupidly) this first month would be free of charge, since I have already paid for it via iTunes. But of course, I ended up paying the double fee, just as I was afraid of.  In my opinion this issue really is a problem between Spotify and iTunes as I have done nothing wrong here and ended up in a long discussion with this person from Spotify Care. If you want, I can post it. Anyway, Spotify Care is not willing to show any kind of customer care, other than replying quickly and saying «they understand my frustration». 

Well, heading over to Apple customer support, expecting the worst kind of customer care **bleep**, writes a loong description about my problem, presses «send» and in the same moment I receive a message saying my subscription fee has been refunded. 

So I have to wait a couple of days until I the money hits my bank account, but yes, many hours in frustration spent, now feeling slightly stupid, problem probably solved. Gosh.

Hey @Goldenvoice,

I'm glad the issue now seems to be solved. It's not cool at all to go through all this, but I hope everything goes well from now on, right?

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts