Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Just purchased premium but now can’t log in at all

Just purchased premium but now can’t log in at all

We just Purchased a premium account for my daughter linked to her email... 20 mins of use and she got asked to re log in. But her password wouldn’t work.... we’ve been redirected and created multiple new password but they always fail. Now .... trying to ask for help we get a message that her email isn’t attached to an account, but when we tried to set her a new one it said her email is already used..... what is going on?...... we used the free version for years with no trouble. Please help

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPad gen 6)

Operating System

(iOS 12) I think

My Question or Issue

Purchased premium for my daughter linked to her email... 20 mins of use and she got asked to re log in. But her password wouldn’t work.... we’ve been redirected and created multiple new password but they always fail. Now .... trying to ask for help we get a message that her email isn’t attached to an account, but when we tried to set her a new one it said her email is already used..... what is going on.... we used the free version for years with no trouble 

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPad gen 6)

Operating System

(iOS 12) I think

My Question or Issue

Purchased premium for my daughter linked to her email... 20 mins of use and she got asked to re log in. But her password wouldn’t work.... we’ve been redirected and created multiple new password but they always fail. Now .... trying to ask for help we get a message that her email isn’t attached to an account, but when we tried to set her a new one it said her email is already used..... what is going on.... we used the free version for years with no trouble 

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPad gen 6)

Operating System

(iOS 12) I think

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hey @Megan73, and welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

I’ll be happy to help. Could you tell me what happens when she tries to reset her password? Any screenshots of any error messages would be helpful (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community). Also, please ask her to try this using a different browser or incognito mode using this link.

Let me know how this goes! 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

• Thanks for the reply... but my husband finally found out that they had disabled her account.... apparently a 9 year olds style of use appears suspicious.... was so hard to find the pathway to find help ... he went through a Facebook chat ... to a link... to a referral to live chat...using his account details. It took hours of his time.

Hey @Megan73.

You’re mentioning that your daughter is 9 years old? Keep in mind that Spotify is only available for persons 18 years of age and older, or persons 13 years old or older with parents consent (ages might be slightly different depending on your country). There’s more info in the Terms of Service

If her account account got disabled, I’d recommend getting in touch with Customer support here.

Have a nice day! 🙂

I hope this helps!  

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts