Free/Premium

Country

CANADA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9,

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Like many others, I NEVER EVER received an email regarding the recent free Google home mini speaker here in Canada.  Nor was there any offer on my account page.  When I spoke to the Spotify rep in chat, it was like talking to a brick wall.  Summation of the chat, too bad for you, you missed out.  Clearly Spotify was unprepared for this promotion and their launch of it was lousy.  I've been a premium customer since July 2018.  I found out about the promotion on Facebook.  How's that for customer loyalty???  The promotion has been a good indicator of the type of company Spotify is, and how they operate and treat their customers.  Hiding behind chat representatives that operate like robots and not responding to such a huge issue, is terribly disrespectful to their customers.  I get the "until quantities last" in the promotion.  What I do not accept is their failure to notify ALL customers properly and give everyone equal opportunity, and in the end, I simply get a "too bad for you" answer.  Disgusting!!!

2 Replies

I had the same issue.

Me, too! Premium customer loyaty did not provide me with any email info or link to apply for the google home mini offer. Heard about it off hand through a friend who'd read it somewhere. I couldn't find any info about it on my account information page. Sent them a message. No response. Hoping Spotify customer service reads  and makes an effort to reach out...Perhaps I am nieve but I truly expect customer service to care about this.

Suggested posts