Library full but I only have 9250 songs

Re: Library full but I only have 9250 songs

Rising Star 19 Rene01
Rising Star 19

Ok,

For me it's like this. Say I start all over again, so 0 likes. Say there is an album with 10 songs. I can save the album, now I have 1 like. Then I like all the songs on the album, then I have 11 likes/favorites.

I can also undo the save of the album, then I will have 10 favourites.

I think it works like this.

But I think you state that it works differently. You say that if you start with 0 and save the album, all the songs will be added to favorites and you will end up with 11 favorites. Correct?

What platform are you using? I use windows desktop and android.

Regards,

René

Rene01Rising Star 19
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Dangreen4200
Regular

I'm using an android, and from my understanding from what the tech support guy said was that if i just liked an album as a whole (not individually liking each song) with 10 songs that those 10 songs are counted as a part of the 10,000 song limit. Even though when you like that album with 10 songs,you those 10 songs don't get added to your "liked songs" playlist but it still counts those 10 songs into the 10,000 limit. Liking an album is not considered as one item it is considered as however many songs are on that album. Unlike how it was previously, saving an album also saved all the songs to your "saved" playlist. Sorry if im confusing, it's hard to explain considering i still don't fully understand it. Did that link help any to get you to customer support?

Highlighted

Rising Star 19 Rene01
Rising Star 19

Ok, I think I understand what you mean.

In the past when you saved an album all the songs were also saved to your library. For me that was fine except when an album included all kind of out takes or live versions, I then removed those song from my library to free space. So I only added 10 songs of an album for example while the full album included 20 songs. What you are saying now (or actually spotify support) is that it is counted as 20 when calculating the 10.000 limit. If so, then their calculation is wrong and should be fixed. But probably this won't be high on their priority list. 

A lot of people are complaining about the new concept and it looks like they don't care.

On the one hand I do understand their point. I think their mission is to get as many users as they can and most users are just casual listeners. They want to start the app and spotify should play content they like without thinking about it too much. These users are not bothered about libraries. My wife, daughter and son don't have a clue what I'm talking about in this discussion. They say: you mean 10.000 is the maximum of a play list? Me: no. Oh je mean the maximum downloads is 10.000? Me: no. They don't care about a library. They do understand the concept of liking a song. They don't know what is meant with saving an album.

So for spotify this is difficult. A small percentage of users complain about a library and the majority is happy, spotify is using the likes for custom playlist like weekly discover and release radar and the majority loves it.

So should they bother about library nerds like us :-)

Regards,

René

Rene01Rising Star 19

Jimavfc1968
Casual Listener

As I’ve said in my own topic;

My library/liked songs has not yet reached 10000 yet I’m being told my limit has been reached.  Also, I have songs that I have removed from my Library via the Albums songs list, yet they still show as saved songs if I search the Artist.  I’m finding that many of my songs are showing as duplicates and I’ve no way to tidy them up.  Help!!!

Rising Star 19 Rene01
Rising Star 19

Hi,

You say a few things which I don't understand. 

You removed songs from your library you say. By not liking them anymore? If yes then you should be able to add other songs. You can see this in your favorites playlist. When you unlike a song, the number goes down.

Then you say that you can still see them when you go to the artist. That is correct, it will show you all the albums you saved of this artist and all the songs of the album no matter if you did like them or not.

Then about duplicates. What do mean by this?

Regards,

René

Rene01Rising Star 19

Dangreen4200
Regular

Hopefully this helps, it didn't help me but it might help you, goodluck.

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

SUGGESTED POSTS