Lost premium trial after changing country

Solved!

Lost premium trial after changing country

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Hong Kong

My Question or Issue

I opened a 3-month trial account and cancelled right after to benefit the Premium perks. Two weeks later I was required to update my location as I moved overseas but doing that resulted in my account being switched to free.

Does that mean I lost 2.5 month of Premium or is there a workaround this to go back to the trial period?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @stefanmarinica,

Have you checked the receipt for the payment? It should be found in your inbox. You can check for the username on that receipt, and make sure that it matches the username on your account page. Check both the account overview page and the Receipts section.

Let us know if you find anything strange there. 

Thanks! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @stefanmarinica.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Applying changes to an account shouldn't end your Premium time. So it's very possible that your Premium is still out there, perhaps on a different account.

Take a look at this article where we explain how to find extra accounts you might have. When you find the account, you'll be able to use it abroad until your Premium time ends.

Hope it will work! Let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks Guido, 

There is only one Spotify account that I created, but nevertheless I read that article and tried to find others - of course, no results. If you say that changing the country shouldn't affect my premium trial can you please treat this as a bug and raise it with the dev team, please?

I'll explain once again the exact steps:

1. While in Hong Kong, I signed up for 90 days trial account and used my US address and credit card. Right after that I cancelled the subscription/auto-renew.

2. Using Premium for two weeks without any issue.

3. Spotify stopped working and the reason was that I needed to update the country to Hong Kong

4. After updating the country, my account was automatically switched to Free. If I want to go back to Premium I now need to pay, which means the 90 days trial is actually a 14 days trial.

Marked as solution

Hey @stefanmarinica,

Have you checked the receipt for the payment? It should be found in your inbox. You can check for the username on that receipt, and make sure that it matches the username on your account page. Check both the account overview page and the Receipts section.

Let us know if you find anything strange there. 

Thanks! 🙂

Suggested posts