Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Member of Family Account to Owner of a new Family Account?

Solved!

Member of Family Account to Owner of a new Family Account?

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

My Question

I am about to quit my current family and start a new one. Therefore I want to quit the current subscription as a member of a family account and create a new family account to become its owner and be able to invite new members. Is it possible to do that without losing my current login including all preferences and playlists?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

First, you need to leave your current Premium for Family plan. You can find some info here on how to do so.

Once your account has reverted back to Free, you can subscribe to Premium for Family here. 🙂 

Hope this helps.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

It sure is, as changes to your account's subscription status don't affect your saved stuff and playlists. 🙂

Any user, no matter if on Free or Premium, can create playlists and save music/artists etc.

Hope this clears things up.

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks for your answer! How exactly should I proceed? Quit my Spotify premium subscription, change to free and then change to premium again?

Marked as solution

First, you need to leave your current Premium for Family plan. You can find some info here on how to do so.

Once your account has reverted back to Free, you can subscribe to Premium for Family here. 🙂 

Hope this helps.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts