Premium

Country

India

Device

One plus 6

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hello, I'm aware that Spotify had legal issues with Warner music and Saregama while launching in India in March 2019. However, 6 months down the line, I still see all those songs missing from Spotify. This is very disappointing from Spotify. 

Can you guys at least give a timeline on when will it be sorted or if at all will be sorted? After subscribing for premium services, having these issues for 6 months is not what is expected. So please give a timeline on this. 

4 Replies

Re: Missing content in India for 6 months now

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hey there @shriram1510,

thanks for posting !

We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon.

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

OneByBooRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

shriram1510
Casual Listener

hey thanks for replying. i understand that. can you give a timeline by which the issue with warner will be solved? 

nikhilweee
Casual Listener

Hi @shriram1510, I don't think anyone from Spotify will ever be in a situation to provide an update on the matter unless they have acquired the required licences. That being said, even I'm a premium subscriber and I'm **bleep** off to the core about Spotify still not having more than 25% of the world's music. I think we've given them enough time to sort it out but since they've been disappointing, I'm thinking of moving away from the platform. I suggest you do the same.

shriram1510
Casual Listener

Agree with you. The same issues persisting 6 months post launch is very disappointing. This is especially given all other streaming services do not have the issue with Warner. Very disappointing from Spotify to say the least. 

SUGGESTED POSTS