Premium

Country

India

Device

Redmi note 7 pro

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

While buying one year standard (not a student) access using UPI I got the amount deducted from my bank account, but page on Spotify payment said the transaction got cancelled. So now I don't have premium access but a huge amount, Rs. 1189 deducted from my account! I have tried log-out, log-in thing and the transaction isn't pending from my bank side. So other threads over here are not helping me out. Please refund my money or give me the premium access of 1 year ASAP.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all,

This is an issue we're aware of and that the relevant team is currently working on a fix.

Head here to add your +VOTE to the Ongoing Issue and make sure to subscribe to the thread. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

UPDATE: The original issue has now been fixed!

If you're still experiencing a similar issue to this, make sure to create a new thread in the Subscriptions help board and we'll get back to you there.

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out! 

It's correct that the amount you have paid is valid for one year. Check out this article on why you might not be seeing your Premium subscription at the moment.

Another way to check the status of your subscription is to go to your account page.

Keep us posted on what steps you have taken and what happened.

PetyaModerator

SIR same thing happened to me money deducted but premium access isnt given

Hey there @22ga7an36fkhcv5

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to double-check, did you try what @Petya suggested and check the subscription status on your Account page? Simply scroll down to Your plan and you'll see if you're logged in to your Premium account. 

It's also possible that you've created multiple Spotify-accounts and one of them is Free. If you've logged in to the Free account, you can't see the Premium features. You can check if that's the case by following the steps here

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

ive just one account which i login through FB so please look into this, my premium still not activated

Hey @22ga7an36fkhcv5,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We suggest you go ahead to this help page. When you reach the section Check email addresses make sure you try all possible email addresses you currently use or you've recently used in the past.

It's also a good idea to perform all these steps in a private/incognito window. This way you make sure to avoid issues with the cache in your browser. 

Once you locate an email address associated with your Spotify account try logging in using this email address and your password instead of clicking the CONTINUE WITH FACEBOOK button.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hello. I have had the very same issue recently, the subscription amount was deducted as per my bank statement but the payment on the spotify site was not successful. As a result I have no spotify premium enabled. I have no other accounts or previous Email IDs . Kindly inform us on how to get the refund.

IMG_20200212_201844.jpg

could you please provide me an Email where i can send you the Screenshot of My transaction i checked all things you said above NOW please listen MY MONEY GOT DEDUCTED BUT PREMIUM ISNT ACTIVATED either i need my money back or i should get premium

Hey @VeeKay and @22ga7an36fkhcv5,

Thanks for giving us some details on what happened. 

Can you send us a screenshot here of how the subscription appears on your account page?

When you make a payment, your bank puts the funds aside as ‘pending’. If the payment fails, the pending status will expire and the funds will be returned to you. The speed with which this can happen can vary and depends on your bank.

Check and keep us in the loop!

PetyaModerator

Hi,

i was enrolled as a premium student, i bought the subscription of premium, the amount was deducted from my bank but the premium access was not given to me neither any receipt was generated on my spotify account.

my transaction id wa AY5SPT356

The exact same thing happened to me. I subscribed to the student discount option and money was debited from my account a couple of days ago but no subscription is shown on my profile page, it just says Spotify free. I don't know if I need to pay again and also if I will be getting my money back.

Happened yesterday. Amount debited but premium hasn't activated yet.

Money has been deducted from my account but premium is not enabled yet.
Can someone help me with it

Hi I am having the same issue.
money got deducted but no premium feature. and its not showing in account tried with other browser.
Marked as solution

Hey all,

This is an issue we're aware of and that the relevant team is currently working on a fix.

Head here to add your +VOTE to the Ongoing Issue and make sure to subscribe to the thread. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

UPDATE: The original issue has now been fixed!

If you're still experiencing a similar issue to this, make sure to create a new thread in the Subscriptions help board and we'll get back to you there.

Cheers!

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts