Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moving from Spotify Premium iTunes to Spotify Premium Family

Moving from Spotify Premium iTunes to Spotify Premium Family

Tired of my kids logging into my account and taking over Spotify when Im listening so need to get everyone their own account. Currently a Spotify Premium user signed up through iTunes. It will not let me upgrade to Family Premium. Went directly to Spotify and signed up for a Family Premium account for me and my 3 kids using my sons email address. Once done, I went back to my itunes spotify premium account to cancel but my old subscription no longer showed up so I went to my itunes account and cancelled directly in itunes. Since I was just billed my old subscrition will expire in a little less than a month. 

Why did i have to go through all of this? Why not be able to upgrade in itnues account? 

WIll my playlists go away in a month? 

How do i change the administrator of the account? Since i had to sign up using my sons email he is the administrator and I would prefer that to not be the case. 

1 Reply

Hey @jgrier, welcome to the Spotify Community!

All you need to do is get in contact with Spotify support and their Accounts team can take a look backstage. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. They usually respond within 48 hours!

Please let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

Suggested posts