Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moving out on my own

Moving out on my own

I will soon be moving out on my own and will need to get off my parents family plan.  How do I create my own account and move all my music over?

2 Replies

Hi @micheleh ! 
Thanks for posting! 🙂
If you have your own login currently, you can use that account still once your parents remove you from the plan. It should carry over all your playlists etc when you switch. Your account will revert to Free when removed, so you would need to upgrade it for Premium or Student (if eligible) so you can continue receiving any Premium perks.
I have copied the steps below for removing a user from Family. You can also check out the entire support page here for any other questions. I hope this helped and have a wonderful day! 🙂

Manage your Premium Family plan

Members and plan details can be managed by the plan manager (the person who started the plan), from their account page, on the Premium Family tab.

The plan manager can add or remove family members and control who can hear explicit content on Spotify.

Manage members 

Note: Only the plan manager (the person who started the plan) can manage members on the plan.

Remove a member

1. Go to your account page.
  2. In the Premium Family tab, click the member you want to remove.
  3. Click REMOVE FROM PLAN.
  4. Confirm you want to remove this member. 

Hey there @micheleh,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

If you're a member of the Premium Family plan, you can leave it anytime by following the steps below:

1. Log in to your subscription page
  2. Select CHANGE OR CANCEL.
  3. You should be redirected to a page with the available plans you can switch to - you can select to VERIFY if you want to continue with Premium for Students right away or CANCEL PREMIUM if you want to revert to Free and leave the plan if you'd like to upgrade to Premium for Students later. 

However, if you're the plan's manager and you switch plans to Premium Student, your family members accounts will revert to Free. You can give them a heads up on this and a new manager can always start a new plan and invite your family members.

If you're interested in finding more information on Premium Family, you can read more about it in this support site article that @Bethany_Dawn also shared 🙂

We'd also suggest taking a look at the support page for Premium for Students for more info on the process and eligibility. 

Hope this helps clarify things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts