Free/Premium

Country

international

Device

Android and W10 laptop

Operating System

Android 9 and Windows 10 o laptop

My Question or Issue

If I purchase Premium, Can I play the musick I download off line, and if so for how long can I play it ?

If so, Can I ceate folders of musci on both my laptop and my Android phone, and for how long can I legally retain the music olders?

The reason I ask is becuase much of my listening is done while on an Airplane or waiting in Airports. I travel a lot internationally and frequently do 30 hour trips. I also listen to music on my boat and to not have Wifi on board the boat.

3 Replies

Hey @TonyBlom, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Those are some great question, and I'll be happy to answer them.

1) Yes, you can play music offline when you have Premium (that is one of the beneifits). There is also no limit on how much you can listen to music, so you can listen to music how you want, whenever you want. For more info, check out this support article.

2) Yes, you can create playlists and they should appear on both your mobile device and your laptop. If you're unsure how to create one, check out this guide.

I understand where you're coming from. No worries, when you have Premium, you get to use Spotify wherever you want (if that country supports Spotify), and there is no limit as to how much you can listen to music offline.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, just let me know - I'll be right here 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy.

I wonder if you understood me ? Let me check.

1. Can I make a folder of Files (MP3 or similar industry standard) and place these in a folder in my phone or MP x player ?

2. If so what happens if my subscription expires ?

3. Please note. I dont wish to share or sell these files. THey are for my use. What I do want is to be able to deal with them with a normal Windows or Android Fila manager and to move them to the music player of my choioce, and to be able to play them at any time regardless of my on line status.

4. I specifically want to see them as files. I dont want some special Database which I cannot fully access. I dont want to be stuck with just one music player, and a custom priorietary tool chain to manage my music.

Hoping its all easy...

Tony

Hey @TonyBlom

Thanks for the reply.

The music files will be encrypted on your device and will only be playable through the Spotify app.

You'll be able to listen to the song for as long as you have Premium.

There is some more info on this page as well.

I hope this helps 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts