My Spotify premium duo does not work in Sudan

Plan

Premium Duo 

Country

France 

Device

Honor Lite 10, Huawei 

My Question or Issue

I am a premium duo paying member and I’m currently in Sudan for work, but cannot seem to access any of my songs. Internet connection works well as I can use SoundCloud. I have attached a screen shot of what I see when trying to play a song.

Given that I’m already a paying member and Spotify should work overseas, shouldn’t I be able to access my songs regardless of Sudan being in the list of countries that Spotify is not available in?

IMG_9880.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @AyaFiji ,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you are in a country where Spotify is not available, you won't be able to stream music. That's also the case if you've subscribed to a Premium plan in a country where the app is available.

Availability of content can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

One workaround for this would be to that you download the songs for offline listening in a region, where Spotify is available. You'll then be able to listen to the songs anywhere.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @AyaFiji ,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you are in a country where Spotify is not available, you won't be able to stream music. That's also the case if you've subscribed to a Premium plan in a country where the app is available.

Availability of content can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

One workaround for this would be to that you download the songs for offline listening in a region, where Spotify is available. You'll then be able to listen to the songs anywhere.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

First off, thank you very much for the quick response and clarifying my question!

Suggested posts