Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify says I have a student account but still charges me full price

My Spotify says I have a student account but still charges me full price

Spotify charged me the regular price while I confirmed my student status last month. I went to confirm it again but on this page it tells me I already have the student account

1 Reply

Hey @etirevm,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The Student status needs to be extended every 12 months for up to 4 years in total. If this is not done on time, the subscription will revert back to a regular Premium subscription.

Shortly before the 12 month of the active Student subscription expire, our system sends an automatic notification via email to remind you to reverify your student status.

If you verify the student status with SheerID successfully, you'll get a link per email. With this link you'll be able to activate a new Student subscription or extend a previous one. If you try to verify as a student again after this, you'll get the error you're describing, that you've already redeemed this offer. In such a case you just need to look for the already sent link in your inbox and click on it. Beware, that a link has a 90 days validity. If you don't find it, contact SheerID directly for a new one.

Also keep in mind, that a Student subscription is only activated after you've reverified the payment method for it. The student status verification is a separate process.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts