m3dblue98
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium (changed to Premium Family)

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

Hello,

At some point in the past month, my subscription was changed without my knowledge or permission. I used to have Premium (Individual) and successfully added the free Hulu subscription to my account earlier this year. However, I recently received an email about receiving a free Google Home Mini (for which I did not request/sign-up) and that prompted me to go check my account. Unbeknownst to me, I now have a Premium Family subscription and I no longer have access to Hulu.

Can somebody assist me in figuring out what happened? I know that I can change back to Premium (Individual) on my own but I will not be able to get Hulu back. What was the cause of this issue?

Thank you.

20 Replies
Highlighted

Re: My Subscription changed without my knowledge or permission

Stephdwc07
Casual Listener

I am having the same exact issue and they charged me two days ago the same amount they alway had and now on my Spotify account it says on Nov. 10th they are going to charge me again but for a higher price without Hulu. I do not understand what is going on because I never received word about this change. Mind you, I was able to access my Hulu account today but then around 6pm my account was gone 

Highlighted

gennsunday
Visitor

I'm having the same issue -  I signed up to get a google home mini and when I did, I was no longer able to log into Hulu. Frustrating.

Highlighted

Richardgarland1
Casual Listener

I claimed the google mini promo and now my Hulu account was cancelled as well

Highlighted

lh24
Casual Listener

The same thing happened to me this evening. I had a spotify + hulu account, and my hulu stopped working today. I logged into my account this evening, and it said my account was now a Family plan. I did not change this (and I have not made any other changes recently). I contacted customer service, and they told me there was nothing they could do except reset my password. They said it must have been a security issue (implying that someone hacked into my account and changed my subscription for me). Since my account was changed, they can no longer offer me the hulu promotion. I told them it was very unlikely that someone hacked into my account to change my subscription to a family plan. I find their explanation to be outrageous.

I will be filing a complaint with the FTC. I'm a little angry about losing hulu, but I'm extremely bothered that Spotify upgraded me to a more expensive plan without my permission or any notification. 

Highlighted

themarv
Visitor
same thing happened to me today, total BS
Highlighted

Stephdwc07
Casual Listener

How did you get in contact with Spotify?because they have been ignoring my messages and they don't have a number to call

Highlighted

lh24
Casual Listener

You can't call them - but they have a support chat system:

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support?_ga=2.194632813.1551494400.1571925977-8546198...

They were not helpful to me, and I cancelled my spotify premium account last night & signed up for Apple Music this morning. They refused to give me back my previous subscription (hulu + spotify). They told me my account was compromised, but wouldn't give me any other information on this security issue (and told me I couldn't speak with anyone else). I highly doubt my account was hacked so that the said hacker could change my subscription to a family plan, but if it was, I'm now deeply concerned about their security features / issues. I've been a (very happy) paid Spotify user for over 5 years, but this experience has been a disaster.

Highlighted

lh24
Casual Listener

And -

If my account was indeed compromised, they should work with me to address the security issue and restore my previous subscription status. Their customer service did neither.

Highlighted

Cyberclaw001
Casual Listener
I was able to get ahold of a rep and was able to restore most of the account. But the billing due date was changed and due to closing of that promotion on may 17th spotify reps cant restore the hulu
SUGGESTED POSTS