Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My gift card code is not working

My gift card code is not working

Hello, I was gifted a spotify premium giftcard valid for 12 months of premium. The gift card pin number is not working. I've already tried changing the 0 to a O and lower vs. upper case letters and nothing is working. I have read the help boards about this issue and nothing has helped so far. I'm residing in the U.S., which is the same place the card was purchased. The giftcard was purchased on Amazon a few months ago. 

9 Replies

Hey @jlboylan, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be here to help.

Could you try redeeming your Gift Card here? If that doesn't help, could you try doing the same thing using a different browser or private window?

If you're still having trouble, please send me a screenshot of the error message being shown (make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community).

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It still is not working. I’ve tried it in google chrome and safari.
Attached below is the screenshot.

Hey @jlboylan

Thanks for the prompt response. 

I didn't receive a screenshot. You should see Attachments under this reply where you can click and select the screenshot you'd like to send.

looking forward to your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Apologies for not sending the attachment. I tried to respond in my email instead of coming back to this page. Hopefully you are able to see the attachment now.

IMG-5255.jpg

Hey @jlboylan,

No worries, thanks for the screenshot!

In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support here. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day.

Billy-JSpotify Star

I am having the same issue! Let me know when you figure it out

Hey @falcoamadaus,

Follow @Billy-J 's instructions and you might get this fixed 🙂

Let us know how it goes!

Hi, I have the same issue with my gift card codes, three of them are invalid even though I haven't used them yet. 

What shall I do?

Hey @anaisze,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

If the PIN is not working when you try to redeem it, it could be related to different factors. First, we'd recommend making sure you've entered the correct characters. Since a zero looks like a capital 'O', a capital 'I' looks like a one, or a capital "S" looks like a number five, we'd recommend testing with these other characters to see if it makes any difference.

Also, since the card gets activated when it's scanned by the cashier, make sure that the receipt you have has the Spotify card registered. If it has a number, check if it matches the serial number (not the PIN) of your card.

Remember that the gift card must have been purchased in the same country where you are currently located and also match the country of your account.

Note: Keep in mind that after 4 attempts, you'll get an error message. If you do, you can try again after 24 hours.

Lastly, if the issue persists after 24 hours, we'd suggest contacting our Customer support directly so they can check the card and the account to help you further.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts