Solved!

My login name is my phone number

Plan

Premium

USA

Device

Motorola 

Hello Community Members,

Somehow the ID of my account is automatically set to my cell number. And I have no idea how to change it to anything else that I want it to be.

Any lead much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @Jatin19k 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here!

If you want a profile that displays a different name, you can create a new account. During sign up, you can create any profile name you'd like.

As a heads up, if you choose to create a new account and you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to your new account until 12 months have elapsed since you signed up for it.

As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, we’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you can personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There’s no limitations to a profile name, so you can choose any you like 🙂

To cancel your current account definitely, take a look on this article:

If you need more information or have any other issue, let me know and I'll help you!

Best Regards

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey, @Jatin19k 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here!

If you want a profile that displays a different name, you can create a new account. During sign up, you can create any profile name you'd like.

As a heads up, if you choose to create a new account and you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to your new account until 12 months have elapsed since you signed up for it.

As we look to improve the overall Spotify experience, we’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you can personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There’s no limitations to a profile name, so you can choose any you like 🙂

To cancel your current account definitely, take a look on this article:

If you need more information or have any other issue, let me know and I'll help you!

Best Regards

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts